• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

The 1948-D WQ is a spectacular coin in-hand. (thumbs u

Great coin TomB (thumbs u

Great addition Mike. (worship)

Edited by rrantique

I didnt realize it till I picture that gold coin the talon actually enters through the date - I kind of DO not like that 'artistic' touch.

No image can do this coin justice. It'll be in a 7 holder one day. :) Glad the coin went to a new caretaker who can appreciate it's beauty!!! (thumbs u

No image can do this coin justice. It'll be in a 7 holder one day. :) Glad the coin went to a new caretaker who can appreciate it's beauty!!! (thumbs u

What I would like to know is where did I miss this? lol:)

Nice gold coin! I love these "half eagles" of the modern age. I have the 84 Olympics Goddess Nike coin which I like.

I don't thing the eagle is writing the date but I think the quill is for a more historical document like indepence stuff. hehe

The toned quarters look really bizarre to me. I've never even seen one in person. I don't think I have any really toned coins but I've got my silver proof ikes looking blue around the edges. I think I'll check out the local coin shop and see if I can look at some. Perhaps buy one. ;)

Good news today! The mint just sent me an email telling me that my 2008 AE unc is on the way! Yeah I know it's not really that exciting but for me it's like getting a present in the mail which of course makes every day Christmas. :)

I already got my proof for the year. Those new proof eagles blow me away with those huge mirrored surfaces.

I'll post a pic when the coin gets here. You know just in case no one has ever scene one. lol

Stgecko, fun stone mtn. (thumbs u

Mike, that is a Wowser of a Washie. Very nice! :applause:

Mike, congrats on the Constitution proof. IMO that is the most attractive of the modern gold commem designs. :applause:

Harvey, good looking CBH. :applause:

Vtrockin, sweet '58 FEC. :applause:

Super coins one and all!! Real Nice Fletcher!!!!!!! (worship)

Arrived today from Joel D Rettew, FASTCOIN. Was a nice surprise to get the sample slab. (thumbs u The coin is in a 66 RD holder. Unfortunately, it was listed as a 66 RB on their website. I wanted a RB coin and got a plain jane RD coin. :( I've got an email in to them for an explanation.

DSCN5459A.jpg

DSCN5461A.jpg

Fletcher,

Its already been said before - but - WOW what a coin !!

Looks like you've given up on those cheap little Barber Dimes... :wishluck: