• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,902 posts in this topic

Thanks to Saen for posting the image. One small step at a time for......

Thanks for the compliment.It has been an experience for me to get the URL here.I spnet several hours getting it right. I have E Mailed pictures with the Scanner and of course put images in the Registry. In the Registry it is a simple thing of using the "Browse" feature to bring up the Image and then to Save it.My next thing will be to enlarge the Image as I am used to the 120K that the Registry allows.

I got the Coin raw on Ebay for $69.00. The guy said he thought it would grade as a MS63 but it looked a little different in hand. I usually check Numismedia and at least two others for a starting point.

I noticed that Numismedia does not seem to put a premium on VAMS. When I looked they seemed to be pricing it as a 1880S without the VAM but PCGS makes the distinction in its Pricing guide.

I got it for my second Registry on the Morgans-one per annum.I also got an 1899 O MS65 in this batch which I purchased raw.

Thanks. Most of it goes to you for helping me.

I don't know if anybody is interested but I phoned ANACS and got right through to them.

I used my Lap top to get out and I knew I was using the right P.W. but I got locked out.Idon't think the cookies were enabled on it.

I called up and the guy told me that there was nothing they could do as the Website was down. I asked when it would be back up and the guy send it could be later on or it could be weeks or months.

If these guys aren't bashful about talking weeks or months then there must be some problems.

I also received my 2008 Proof A.S.E. in the mail today from the U.S. Mint. They charged me $31.95 plus $4.95 S/H/

Better slow down, Harv, you're going to give your mailman a hurt back! :)

Regarding SEGS, I don't own any coins graded by them, but from the feedback that I've read, you're better off bidding their MS coins at AU prices.

Bob it wasn't you I outbid was it if so sorry about that. Just noticed the name now.

Nope, wasn't me. :) I was just commenting on the fact that you seem to really be buying lots of coins lately. (come to think of it, so have I ) :grin:

BTW, I like the two new additions! (thumbs u

Edited by Just Bob

I have a question here. I am cleaning out things and I have about 200 wheat cents and about 100 Mercury and Roosevelt Dimes.

All are circulated and the pennies look like they are mostly in the 40s and later but I will check later this week. Dont think there is anything on the dimes. I think there might be a well circukated 1916 and a few other well circulated about that time etc.

Is there any thing I should look for and be aware of here?

Thanks

I have a question here. I am cleaning out things and I have about 200 wheat cents and about 100 Mercury and Roosevelt Dimes.

All are circulated and the pennies look like they are mostly in the 40s and later but I will check later this week. Dont think there is anything on the dimes. I think there might be a well circukated 1916 and a few other well circulated about that time etc.

Is there any thing I should look for and be aware of here?

Thanks

First off, nice pickups there Harv.

Chab, for the Wheaties, there are the there's the 41'(p) DDO, the 43"D repunched D, and the 44'D over S.