• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,911 posts in this topic

we were having a discussion at another site recently about AT, how to tell, and how many slip into slabs....

then you see what they are SUPPOSED to look like with real toning...wow..very nice leeg

This roosevelt is one of my (several) recent (small) additions. This is my first PCGS graded coin and I was wondering if anyone would explain what it means by "Series: 32," "Coin: 117," and "5199.68."

50823-100_1331b.JPG.a976927f2c5bacc6771170aaaa1724c0.JPG

The way PCGS categorizes coins is such that Roosevelt dimes are series 32 and the 2000-P dime without full bands is coin number 117. Overall, this 2000-P Roosevelt dime corresponds to coin number 5199 in the PCGS database and its grade is 68. Therefore, 5199.68 indicates exactly what coin this is and what the grade is.

The way PCGS categorizes coins is such that Roosevelt dimes are series 32 and the 2000-P dime without full bands is coin number 117. Overall, this 2000-P Roosevelt dime corresponds to coin number 5199 in the PCGS database and its grade is 68. Therefore, 5199.68 indicates exactly what coin this is and what the grade is.

Cool. Thanks!

Edited by Revenant

Excuse me if this has been mentioned here before but I would lime to post some pictures in the Future.I recently obtained a Scanner and have posted pictures from the area stored on my Scanner to the Registry for my coins.

The problem is that I am not sure how to post here on the Forum. How do I establish a link from there to here. The Edit coins feature in the Registry has a "Browse " Feature where you can find where the coin is stored and add it to the Registry.

Do I have to go to a site like Photobucket or can I use my Mouse etc.

Thanks

Photobucket is extreamly easy and free...

Plus when you click the IMG box under the pic it automatically copies the IMG code to post in your reply to a thread.

Appreciate the kind words on the 48-D Washington. :) It's even nicer "in-hand". Thanks again Tom! (thumbs u

This Dollar arrived today for my Type Set:

DSCN5080B.jpg

I guess the next question would be about establishing the link between the reply link on the Forum and photobucket. Do I have to be in the Forum and then somehow link to Photbucket and back or do I have to go to Photobucket which will somehow link me to the Forum?

Thnks

Once you upload your pics to photobucket, they will have a link, actually 3, but you will use the bottom link under your picture. You will copy that and then just paste it in your post/reply. It will put all the (img) stuff that needs to make it work. Pretty easy. I always just have both the forum open and photobucket open, then just copy and paste.

I picked these up last weekend. The trade dollar is not without problems, but it's still an improvement over my last attempt.

TradeDollar1876-SMedium.jpg

HalfDollar1853ARMedium.jpg

Thanks but I still was having problems and Harvey helped.I uploaded a coin to Photobucket and saw the three links. I used the second link which is the direct link.I couldn't seem to copy it on to the Forum.

I noticed later that the third link which is the Image link said it was used for Forums. I clicked on the link and immediatley got the message "copied" but it I don't know where it went or what it copied to.

On the URL on the third link it has (IMG) in front of the URL and in back of it.Finally the only way I could get it to the Forum was by writing down and copying the direct link such as http:// i272.photobucket.com/albums/..........."

URL in the message .

I know that there has to be a way to copy it without the hassle of writing it down etc but until I can figure it out then this will do.

With the Registry all you have to do is "Browse" and go to the location where it is stored on your Computer and " save" an it is done.

Oh well, Its one step at a time for us Newbies in this area.

Thamk for everybodys help.

Here are my latest:

1885-O MS 63 DPL OLD NGC:

Picture011.jpgPicture013.jpg

Picture012.jpgPicture014.jpg

1945-D MS66 OLD NGC:

Picture016.jpgPicture018.jpg

1945-D MS64FD OLD PCGS RATTLER:

Picture020.jpgPicture023.jpg

1943-S MS65FB OLD PCGS RATTLER:

Picture024.jpgPicture026.jpg

1870 NNC MS-66 Shield:

Picture001-4.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

1948-D MS65:

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

1952 MS65

Picture034.jpg

Picture036.jpg

1960 Large Date MS66RD

Picture038-1.jpg

1960-D Small Date MS66RD

Picture032-1.jpg

Thanks but I still was having problems and Harvey helped.I uploaded a coin to Photobucket and saw the three links. I used the second link which is the direct link.I couldn't seem to copy it on to the Forum.

I noticed later that the third link which is the Image link said it was used for Forums. I clicked on the link and immediatley got the message "copied" but it I don't know where it went or what it copied to.

On the URL on the third link it has (IMG) in front of the URL and in back of it.Finally the only way I could get it to the Forum was by writing down and copying the direct link such as http:// i272.photobucket.com/albums/..........."

URL in the message .

I know that there has to be a way to copy it without the hassle of writing it down etc but until I can figure it out then this will do.

With the Registry all you have to do is "Browse" and go to the location where it is stored on your Computer and " save" an it is done.

Oh well, Its one step at a time for us Newbies in this area.

Thamk for everybodys help.

Copied means that the link has been copied, as in 'cut and paste.' Once the link has been copied, you can paste it into a post by either right clicking and selecting paste, or hitting Ctrl + V on your keyboard.