• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Just received from Teletrade. Probably shouldn't have bid on it after viewing seller's picts but did anyway. Scratches up the " *&%$#", but turned out to be a nice coin. NGC PF65 Cameo

Sellers Picts

c24541434-a.jpg

New Picts -

1950obv744.jpg

1950rev749.jpg

Proof Frankies are always nice Bob. Being a PF65, then I'm presuming the scratches are on the coin? Nice anyway!

OOps, I forgot to finish that sentence. Scratches are on the holder, none on the coin. The surface of the coin is not perfect. The reverse has several raised little blobs or specs, under the bell, around DOLLAR. Between the F and D there is a little triangle made with 3 raised dots. After the last A in AMERICA there may be a lamination problem which becomes more apparent when viewed with a loupe. While not perfect these imperfections add something of character which I don't mind. The obverse, which is where I thought the problems would occur going by what the Teletrade images showed, is actually very clean.

wow, very nice buy...$5 a piece for Barber halves in that grade is a steal...I usually barely find melt worthy for that price--well done !!

DD, that WLH is a brilliant, no pun intended, match for you avatar! Winston's ME is also cool since it looks like it truly circulated and then was left alone without subsequent boinkage. An interesting note about the ME issue is that it did not sell out quickly and was sold throughout ME at various state-run locations for a number of years. The ME is also one of the more commonly found classic commems in circulated condition, but they look cool.