• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Attractive looking Merc, Richard. (thumbs u

Ant, nice looking 20th century coins. (thumbs u

Mike, fun Frankie. (thumbs u So, is the star for moderate cameo contrast on both sides or significant cameo contrast on one side?

Mike, fun Frankie. (thumbs u So, is the star for moderate cameo contrast on both sides or significant cameo contrast on one side?

Both sides are equally "CLOSE" to cameo :(

I like it. I not good with the grades on these as to some have weak strikes. If this is a weak strike, I would say MS62 cause it looks to have a little rub on the Buff head. If not weak strike, then a very nice AU55.

doent matter what grade! that is a very nice buff! but i would say au55 due to wear on feathers where it smooths to background. and is that doubling i see on the word liberty?

Just picked up my first three legger. I always wanted one.

Will you play "guess the grade"and when playing please share with us the basis for your grade? No Cheating.

Photos and coin courtesy of the amazing Mr. Michael Printz.

Best regards to all,

58aO.jpg

58aR.jpg

Oh Man! That is my dream coin, I wish I would have bought one back when they were semi affordable.

Nice Half cent! Refreshing to see one that appears unmolested. Great luster peaking from under the patina and no one has messed with the cheek trying to remove the wear and make it uncish. That coin with some work could become a 63 but glad someone has not done that. Great pick!

The 3 legger I would call au55-58. Some rub on the bison but these guys come awefully weak even when new. Might go 58 since the detail is actually a little better than a lot of MS coins out there. Nice strike and looks like an honest coin.