• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,910 posts in this topic

It very well may upgrade as it is in one of the old fatty NGC holders.

It looks to have a very good chance for an upgrade if most of the nics I see on the Rev. are on the slab. Still would be worth a shot to me. Not so much of a jump from 65 to 66, but 67 sure does make a difference!! :o

Well, I got home today and the mail person was very good to me today. Ten coins arrived today. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Here are the first two:

1883 5C No Cents MS63 - Old NGC holder:

Picture103-1.jpg

Picture105-2.jpg

Closeup's:

Picture104.jpg

Picture106-2.jpg

1938 D Buffalo MS 64 - Old NGC holder:

Picture107-1.jpg

Picture109-1.jpg

Closeup's:

Picture108.jpg

Picture110-1.jpg

Fire away while I crop the others.

Winstonware no offense, but only $65, that seems like a lot of money for a 64 Kennedy.

Though the coin is beautiful.

No offense taken. It's in an NGC MS66 holder but the toning is what attracted me to the coin. I didn’t mean to suggest that I ripped this coin at $65, although I don’t think it was overpriced either. I meant that it’s an inexpensive coin for me. Not to suggest that I’m affluent because I’m not! I just only own a handful of coins and buy new ones infrequently.

Dwaine,

I recognize the first two from Ebay.......and I also saw a lot of Dime end the other day so I assume everything is from Ebay correct? I pass over all of the old holdered stuff everyday and pick and choose what fits my collection or my type set and since I already had two Buffs in old Holders and recently purchased an 1883 V-nickel in MS64 I passed on those but you can't go wrong with them that's for sure. (thumbs u

I like the reverse on that 55 dime :headbang:......but I don't care for the cosmic toning on the 1957 dime. I wish I still had my 1964 Kennedy with the same toning....I would send it too you and you would have quite the pair :applause:

All in all I think you did well and I am looking forward to seeing the rest.......until then I will refrain from my usual threats related to board members purchasing Old Holdered coins (tsk)

......but be careful cause your treading on thin ice my friend... punish.gif

joy.gif

Ten coins arrived today.

Uh oh, Lee, Shane, E -- you guys are gonna get owned this week. lol

Nice coins, really like the buff -- great luster!

Bite your tongue Mike....this means war AR15firing.gif and I think I might have a line on a nice little hoard...... :devil:

Mess with the bull ya'll and your going to get the horns :sumo:

lol lol lol lol lol

Well, I got home today and the mail person was very good to me today. Ten coins arrived today. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Here are the first two:

1883 5C No Cents MS63 - Old NGC holder:

Picture103-1.jpg

Picture105-2.jpg

Closeup's:

Picture104.jpg

Picture106-2.jpg

1938 D Buffalo MS 64 - Old NGC holder:

Picture107-1.jpg

Picture109-1.jpg

Closeup's:

Picture108.jpg

Picture110-1.jpg

Fire away while I crop the others.

Man that 38 D Buff is a lock for an upgrade, From what I see there's nothing on the cheek but luster, I love it.

And Winston I apologize I was unaware of the grade, with the color and grade confirmation I'd say you done A' ok.

Some sweet lookin' coins here. Wow, some of you guys are going on collecting overdrive. :popcorn:

Nice looking CBH and toner Lincs Lee. (thumbs u

ES, that's an attractive grouping of DCAM Washies. :applause: Are you planning on putting together the complete '64 to present Washie proofset?

Winston, me likey that Kennedy. (thumbs u Good price too for a MS66.

Carl, good looking DBH. (thumbs u

Dwaine, wowsers, you seem to be attempting to corner the coin market by yourself. Nice looking group of coins. (thumbs u I particularly like the '57 P+D Washies! :applause:

Here's a couple of silver Kennedys. Methinks that JFK musta' just gotten out of the KitKat club on the first one. :devil: The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

Kennedy64DObvSm.jpg

Kennedy64DRevSm.jpg

Kennedy64ObSm.jpg

Kennedy64RevSm.jpg