• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

That is probably why, Bobby. I'll have to check it out later (I already put them away). Here are the final 2. Both NGC.

PF69 Cam

1955obv656-1.jpg

1955rev660-1.jpg

PF68 Cam

1959obv652-1.jpg

1959rev653-1.jpg

Kryptonitecomics...You know I'm liking your 1894 quarter - very nice toning - looks very vivid.

Bob, I also have a fair collection of proof Franklins, and your coins are stunning.

Thanks for sharing.

Also, thanks for the kudos on my new 1896 quarter.

rob great Frankies-like Elbezar I also have a pretty nice proof collection--and like you, I have not figured out to this day where NGC draws the line of Cam and Ucam for the Franklin halves..

Nice Barber PrettyBoy (thumbs u

toned16d-1.jpg

Thanks everyone on the nice comments on the Frankies. After starting with them about 15 years ago, I got side tracked and let them stagnate for about 10+ years. It feels good to start them back up again, even though it's left my wallet a little emptier. I suppose on Dcams and Cameos it just depends on which day they are graded. I'm pretty sure it works both ways though. :grin:

1863Obv.jpg

You sure seem to be getting some nice and undergraded coins recently, Shane. The above being the most recent example. From the pics, that looks like an an awful nice 63. Congrats!

1863Obv.jpg

You sure seem to be getting some nice and undergraded coins recently, Shane. The above being the most recent example. From the pics, that looks like an an awful nice 63. Congrats!

Thanks Mike...I couldn't agree more about this coin being undergraded but under magnification I can see PVC on Obverse and Reverse so I am trying to figure out what responsibility if any falls on NGC. I can't see sinking any more money into this coin for conservation but I don't see a return policy listed by the seller so I may be stuck with it. If it is conserved and then reholdered a point higher then I won't be out anything as far as NCS fees but if it doesn't holder after NCS then it's like throwing money away hm

The other problem is that I bought it becuase it's in an old holder so if I send it in for Conservation and regrading........then we have a coin in a new holder which doesn't fit the mold of the set I am building. doh!

Found this at JJ Teaparty the other day. Its coming this weekend...

Its an NGC 58; the focus of the obverse isn't that great, I'm sure its alot nicer in hand.

48162-1895PhalfNGC58.jpg.c0a6f54f9e4e6a572051c060b6e03ed2.jpg

Several months ago I posted this coin which my father in law had in a belt buckle for many years. I brought home a bunch of his coins to look at one weekend and low and behold this one was a "Hot Lips". I offered to buy it from him but he just kind of brushed it off. Well this was my thanksgiving gift from him today to me.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Rey

1888OHotLipsObv.jpg

1888OHotLipsRev.jpg

1888OProfile.jpg

I picked this one up recently and never posted it...I know it's thanksgiving and all, but could you imagine a turkey instead of an eagle? When Ben Franklin suggested the turkey for our national bird--he didn't have our coinage in mind...viva the eagle

48191-MVC-550S.jpg.a2d7330d9628ef23d7d89ae92012ab3d.jpg

48192-MVC-551S.jpg.4b144056b59657b02bb85ff041d603f7.jpg

Edited by jackson64

under magnification I can see PVC on Obverse and Reverse

:o Sorry to hear that. Please let us know what becomes of this...Mike

The seller doesn't have a return policy and I am not in the habit of dumping problem coins back on the market so......it looks like I have 2 options.

1. Keep the coin as is, enjoy it's wonderful look in the old slab and just accept that their is PVC actively destroying the coins surfaces doh!

2. Send the coin into NCS, have it conserved, then have it shipped off to NGC in hopes that the coin will grade.

If the coin grades then I shouldn't be out any money because I am confident it will upgrade and then I can sell on on Ebay in the new holder with the stable surfaces and my conscience clear and recoup all of my money back. Then I will just have to hunt down another example in an old NGC slab :(

Very nice Franklin-I don't think I've ever seen one toned quite like that...and I love the 46-S quarter also..I just got this from Heritage this morning ( recent Dallas "signature auction") It's also a 1946-S

PS: sabertooth (Bob)-if you see this post you may understand my excitement more than most--took me 2 years to find a 46-S with this strike level instead of those mushy 46-S's that say 66 but would be 63's in another date..

48235-MVC-560S.jpg.80e7ab93c907b80857777df41fdaaf0d.jpg

48236-MVC-561S.jpg.3839e382413a9de528cf5eae1a8fbe16.jpg

Nice originally toned Maine....looks pretty clean for a 64 hm

Ok hope you folks aren't tired of me yet :whatev:....had a great day at the mailbox....6 coins in all :banana: plus a nice suprise in the form of some color I never expected :acclaim:

I swear this looks like one of the solid Gold buffalo's now available :o

1938DObv.jpg

1938DRev.jpg

1956Obv.jpg

1956Rev.jpg

Check out the serial numbers..... :applause:

1925Obv024.jpg

1925Rev024.jpg

1925Obv018.jpg

1925Rev018.jpg

My first Doiley PCGS holder.....coin looks PQ but I don't think it will upgrade

1884Obv.jpg

1884Rev.jpg

and last but not least....drum roll please......... (worship)

1880SMS65Obv.jpg

1880SMS65rev2.jpg

This one shocked me as I paid no premium for the toning and I couldn't really even tell the reverse was toned from the seller picks......I am digging this one :headbang:

Those Peace Dollars were on the same submission, maybe even in the same roll at one time? That would be awesome if they've been together since they've left the Mint. It's possible.

Dang ya'll. Looks like a lot of purchases have flown thru since I've been in. Too many to mention all, so all are very nice. Walkers, frankie, lincolns, I seen a peace, etc....