• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Thanks Chris Its in a older PCGS holder MS65

Are the blemishes around IN GOD WE TRUST and E PLURIBUS UNUM on the coin or the slab?

Chris

This isn't really a new purchase, but I just discovered the image from my file

at Pinnale Rarities...and after seeing that lovely Half Dime just posted,

I thought I'd share my "new" discovery.

The obverse image isn't the best and the scratches

at the date are on the holder otherwise, I think its an excellent coin for the grade.

Anyone care to guess what NGC gave this coin ?

46268-1837HalfDimeOBV.jpg.624f27033af570cbd69b7dd05678bc1b.jpg

46269-1837HalfDimeREV.jpg.1e4eda7bece02f17d680fd83200da48b.jpg

Edited by Elbesaar

Saen, nice Texas. (thumbs u

Rey, looking forward to actually seeing that coin. ;)

RGT good looking 1/2 dime! :applause:

Victor, that's an attractive Sesqui. :applause:

ElbeSaar that's a good looking 1/2 dime. :applause:

Rons, fun BTW. (thumbs u

Elbesaar, that is an lovely half dime and I would guess that it was at least an MS64 but looks more like an MS65 to me from the pictures.

One of these days, I've got to get back to the Safe Deposit Box and check that half dime

out again. I almost forgot I had it, until I stumbled accross it on my account with Pinnacle.

It seems that everyone thinks its in a MS 64 holder...some think its a 65.

All I'll say at the moment is that it was certified by NGC.

Well, the end of this month my father is celebrating his 90th birthday !

[ I wish I could say he was already pretty old when I was born, but I can't. ]

I just picked this up for him and its the only gold coin minted the year he was born:

46297-1917McKinleyPCGS63.jpg.99f5863d0ebbdf6d24c508d435dae077.jpg

Not very recent, but I recieved these coins within the last one month.

1837A61.jpg not as nice as the one posted yesterday, but I like it anyway

1842P64.jpg

1844N62.jpg seller's picture was dark, but I was pretty sure it looks pretty in hand.....well, it is dark in person :/

1853ARN62.jpg this one doesn't have much eye appeal, but I think the die break on the obverse is interesting and that's why I bought this.

1854-ON58.jpg dipped white, but has interesting die crash

1861N61.jpg

1862N62.jpg Ex. Jules Reiver(spell?) bought cheaper than it initially auctioned by Heritage

1870N65-2.jpg from teletrade. Thanks Jeremy for your help.

2YENGOLDM3.jpg Not even a U.S coin. It's a Japanese 2 yen gold from 1870. From a local coin show.

Shane, it wouldn't surprise me. The Monnaie de Paris has used many of the designs for other medals. There are dozens and dozens of different depictions of Marianne used for medals with different reverse themes. This one by Vernon (1858-1912) has captured her in all her beauty.

Chris

This one arrived in the mail yesterday, nothing special, but I paid less than melt so I won't complain!

1897p10dobv.JPG

1897p10drev.JPG

less than melt for a gold coin that's been around for over a hundred years is a pretty good deal!

Thanks for the larger images, I am working off of two computers, cutting and pasting images without my normal software. I imaged the coin tonight but these original ones are much better. Both the obverse and reverse have a somewhat different relief that makes good imaging difficult.

Thanks again Randy.

Rey

Toyo, I wouldn't think it possible to find that many nice half dimes in one month! Very, very nice additions to your set!

Thanks for the larger images, I am working off of two computers, cutting and pasting images without my normal software. I imaged the coin tonight but these original ones are much better. Both the obverse and reverse have a somewhat different relief that makes good imaging difficult.

Thanks again Randy.

Rey

Those Sesqi's have somewhat of a low relief but the way the rims are makes them look like a deep dish pizza. It's like they struck the coin on a bowl. That makes it difficult to get light on all of the rims for the photo.

Toyo, I wouldn't think it possible to find that many nice half dimes in one month! Very, very nice additions to your set!

I am shocked by that group but now I understand why I have found so few new half dimes lately. They're all be exported. lol

Stunning Half Dimes you're collected.

Also, I really like that 1840 gold...

You're all probably tired of seeing Barbers,

but I just really like that design. Here's a couple

of recent additions.

The 1892-O is a duplicate Type One

[neither my AU 55 Type One nor my Type Two AU 58 are imaged]

46414-1892Oty1pcgsAU58holder.JPG.278c76b5ee911b8a080e0b01d410afeb.JPG

Edited by Elbesaar