• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I'm a poor grad school student but I managed to find this little guy after a LOT of searching. These things are tough to find.

.jpg

my.php?image=50326058okz5.jpg

welcome and nice coin you have to put to make it work on this forum !

Thank you everyone! I do have more but no pics...well not as good as those anyway :( That was just my latest acquisition.

Very nice coin and welcome to the forums36_2_53.gif

counseling, hoping to go on to get my phd in counseling psychology. I have my BA in psych and BA in religious studies from Thiel College, a little Lutheran liberal arts school in northwestern PA.

At 22, I'm probably one of the youngin's on here :grin:

With that being said...let me absorb all your knowledge!!!

Edited by warriorbassman

After having just signed up today,.....as my 2nd post i would like to share some of my favorite coins. The pics came off my registry set,.....hope you enjoy!

The 1st in an 1829/1827 NGS MS65 Capped Bust 50C:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/CoinDetail.aspx?PeopleCoinID=321095&PeopleSetID=3337

Here is another very beautiful Proof Seated Dollar with Cameo:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/CoinDetail.aspx?PeopleCoinID=290255&PeopleSetID=3337

......and a final coin that get me drooling whenever i pull it out, one of eye candy's finest Indian Head Cents, in NGC PF67RB:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/CoinDetail.aspx?PeopleCoinID=285222&PeopleSetID=3337

Edited by joejeweler

counseling, hoping to go on to get my phd in counseling psychology. I have my BA in psych and BA in religious studies from Thiel College, a little Lutheran liberal arts school in northwestern PA.

At 22, I'm probably one of the youngin's on here :grin:

With that being said...let me absorb all your knowledge!!!

HA! I'm 20 and working an my B.S. in Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University! I'm younger and probably more ignorant! :insane: (Hey, when you aren't the best sometimes it's more fun to be the worst. lol)

:jokealert:

One of the advantages of building a type set is you only need ONE really cool coin per slot! I have been known to buy a few "dupes" just because i couldn't help myself, when the coin is just too pretty to pass on.

BTW, i just added another link to a knockout Proof 67 RB Indian Head Cent that is also in the same class,.......you might want to grab a look before you get too depressed! (kidding,......hang in there and one will come along)

Wow...why does everyone have a beautiful CBH but me? :cry:

If anyone has any for sale let me know!!! :banana:

Edited by joejeweler

Thanks,......but sharing is half the fun of owning such things.

..........doesn't it just drive you crazy when some of the top sets in the registry contain absolutely NO pictures! I know it does me.

It's bad enough in today's reality we have to lock them up,........put pictures don't cost much and are easier to get at than the coins themselves.

It seems for now the best pics of my coins have come from Anaconda's website when they listed them and i downloaded them, they just make the coins look GREAT!

Someday i'll get around to re-doing some of my other coins where the pics don't do the coin justice. I almost wet my pants when this PCGS 1829 MS65 Bust Dime came in the mail, but the pics don't come close to conveying what the coin looks like in hand. Super strike, luster, ....and COLOR abound on this coin,.......but need larger and clearer pics to show it properly.

Here is how it was pictured on ebay:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/CoinDetail.aspx?PeopleCoinID=314203&PeopleSetID=3337

..................in hand this coin is an eye appeal national treasure. Someday i will present it better.

Beautiful CBH, Beautiful seated Dollar, and BTW, Beautiful IHC!! (thumbs u
Edited by joejeweler

Thanks rrantique,.....i would have done it myself but i've yet to set up a picture hosting site yet.

......here's my NGC 1936 Proof 66* Buffalo Nickel that looks exactly like the pics.......YUMMY!

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/CoinDetail.aspx?PeopleCoinID=296578&PeopleSetID=3337

Edited by joejeweler

Thanks rrantique,.....i would have done it myself but i've yet to set up a picture hosting site yet.

Hey Joe have you tried photobucket ? It's free and there are a few of us that use it. I like it. You upload your pics to it, them just copy and paste into your post.

Thanks,.....i'll go right over and set it up asap.

Hey Joe have you tried photobucket ? It's free and there are a few of us that use it. I like it. You upload your pics to it, them just copy and paste into your post.