• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,903 posts in this topic

Nice Ike Rev. Rey i think that Morgan might make a 64. only thing i see is a weak strike on the breast feathers. Has it got luster? (thumbs u

Thanks guys, the MOrgan is lacking in lustre sorry to say, but is good and clean mostly.

I also picked up a few IHCs. This 1906 IHC is an overdate which is most clear on the 1, but unfortunately my camera skills are not that good too really get a shot of it. Will try somemore, but it is there to the south of the base of the one.

Rey

1906Obv.jpg

1906IHCDoubleDateRev.jpg

Too bad the auction didn't go as well as you hoped Rey. I like the IHC and that Morgan. BTW, didn't know the Morgan was a weak strike. Those are still hard for me to grasp. Nice looking!

Thanks guys, the MOrgan is lacking in lustre sorry to say, but is good and clean mostly.

I also picked up a few IHCs. This 1906 IHC is an overdate which is most clear on the 1, but unfortunately my camera skills are not that good too really get a shot of it. Will try somemore, but it is there to the south of the base of the one.

Rey

1906Obv.jpg

1906IHCDoubleDateRev.jpg

Here is this better.

1906Obv.jpg

Thanks for the extra effort on the image, but it is a bit too much. The overdate is mostly visible only at the base of the one. (dangerous photography there ibyandsellsmith)

Here are the other two IHCs I picked up. They were raw of course and nobody was interested. It is nice when you bid against yourself.

Rey

1897IHCObv.jpg

1897IHCRev.jpg

1898IHCObv.jpg

1898IHCRev.jpg

I may be a born Texan, and I may currently be in West Texas, but I outsmarted them all and only raised it by $5.00 against myself. I wanted to hear the guy yell yupppp one more time. He was a big cowboy and it sounded neat. Plus I was worried about those folks that were bidding so much wasted money on MS 66 Morgans graded by XYZ companies. Heck, I could tell they were pro's and didn't want them to get my IHCs.

I also saved those folks a lot of money by picking up a 1961 mint set for $7.00, I could tell they were having trouble with their calculators trying to figure out how much to bid.

Rey

Just waiting for this one to show up from the seller ... It is in an old NGC AU58 holder, but it looks more like AU50 to me from the pictures. I may have to send it in for a downgrade as I paid full pop for it hoping that the grade is correct and that the pics simply suck ... what are your thoughts???

10hd-1794AU58.jpg

Looks more like a scan which would explain why the images are so flat and dull. Other than that, what's not to like? Looks like a keeper to me. In fact, I'd be proud to be the owner of that one. (thumbs u

Looks more like a scan which would explain why the images are so flat and dull. Other than that, what's not to like? Looks like a keeper to me. In fact, I'd be proud to be the owner of that one. (thumbs u

Don't get me wrong ... I love it:) I have a feeling that it will look much better in hand. However, from the picture it looks like there is quite a bit of rub for a 58. I hope that you are right and that the scan is why it looks so flat. We'll see :)

I picked up 2 coins today that when I get pictures of.

PCGS 1974 S PR69 Dcam QTR

PCGS 1983 S PR69 Dcam QTR

For a grand total of $16.12 :D Yeah I got a good deal!

To be honest I am starting a new quarter set.

1965 - 1998 Proofs. 69 Dacm is the target grade since most are affordable. The earlier ones where that is a monster will be adjusted to fit in. I find the cameos to be pleasing. (Yep I collect some moderns as well) Here is the first coin in the set. PCGS PR 69 DCam

mqs78so.jpgmqs78sr.jpg

Great looking coin Bruce. I'd call that one a mini-16_3_168.gif (thumbs u

16_11_9.gif

moose

Slang for an incredible coin, usually one that grades MS/PR-67 or higher.

Edited by rrantique

At least if you are doing a proof clad Washington quarter set you do not have to purchase the 1965-1967 issues since no proof pieces were made in those years. By the way, I agree that these look cool in DCAM.

At least if you are doing a proof clad Washington quarter set you do not have to purchase the 1965-1967 issues since no proof pieces were made in those years. By the way, I agree that these look cool in DCAM.

Tom I plan to try and fill up the NGC slots, which do include the SMS coins....

Cladiator, nice '88-O Morgan. (thumbs u

Notabene, good looking '41-S Walker. (thumbs u

Dwaine, attractive Large Cent. (thumbs u

Revenant, nice '76 Type 2 Ike. (thumbs u

Rey, good looking Morgan and IHC's. (thumbs u

Fletcher, that's a fun Flowing Hair! :applause: Let us know what you think of it when you get it.

Bruce, Cool looking Washie! :applause: Ya' know, you could probably go back to 1960 in DCAM (not in PR69, but maybe 66ish) and still get them reasonably inexpensively.

Tom I plan to try and fill up the NGC slots, which do include the SMS coins....

I hadn't realized it was a r*egistry set. (thumbs u The addition of the * was performed to circumvent the bastardization of the boards. hm