• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,910 posts in this topic

Gladiator - Congrats on the 1859 Seated Liberty as well as the 1853 Gold. thumbsup2.gif

Dwaine - Awesome Steel Cent thumbsup2.gif

Well, today I stopped by a small local coin shop in Odessa, Texas located off the beaten trail. Quite a few nice, interesting coins to view so I spent some time there. I came across this beautifully toned Long Island Commemorative and I just couldn't help myself. confused-smiley-013.gif

I wish the images showed the true brightness of the coin on the obverse, it really shines.

Grade opinions?????

Rey

1936LongIslandObv.jpg

1936LongIslandRev.jpg

Nice coins. Love that steel cent there dwaine. I like that comm Rey. Not familiar with details of those so can't help ya on the grade. Nice looking tho'. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks all, I saw that and I needed a nice one for my type set. I paid quite a bit more for it than it is worth but you don't see them quite that nice that often.

That LI that Rey has posted appears to be very well struck and if the luster is good it stands a decent chance of obtaining quite a high grade.

Nice lincoln Dwaine.

Great looking LI Rey, love the toning. I just spent last week with a kin folks from Odsessa. Holiday resort on Lake Fork, Texas. Had a blast. {small world hey}. 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the postitive feedback on the LI. Tom, the coin is very well struck and the lustre is truly fantastic. I looked at it as carefully as I could before I decided to take it, got it for low AU money, but I do think it would grade at better than that. Regardless, the overall appearance and condition of the coin immediately caught my eye and interest which is what counts IMO.

Thanks,

Rey

Gladiator - Congrats on the 1859 Seated Liberty as well as the 1853 Gold. thumbsup2.gif

Dwaine - Awesome Steel Cent thumbsup2.gif

Well, today I stopped by a small local coin shop in Odessa, Texas located off the beaten trail. Quite a few nice, interesting coins to view so I spent some time there. I came across this beautifully toned Long Island Commemorative and I just couldn't help myself. confused-smiley-013.gif

I wish the images showed the true brightness of the coin on the obverse, it really shines.

Grade opinions?????

Rey

1936LongIslandObv.jpg

1936LongIslandRev.jpg

this is a very nice coin with beautiful toning!

Latest acquisition -- a beautiful rainbow-toned 5-cent piece. This one just happens to be graded by NGC as MS-68. Oh, and date is 1792:

image011.jpgimage012.jpg

-- Cardinal

EarlyUScoins.org

Didn't I read somewhere where one of these, maybe this one, just sold for something like $10 million?

That LI that Rey has posted appears to be very well struck and if the luster is good it stands a decent chance of obtaining quite a high grade.

893applaud-thumb.gif Defiantely has very nice potential!!

This one arrived today: grin.gif

DSCN3786A.jpg

Latest acquisition -- a beautiful rainbow-toned 5-cent piece. This one just happens to be graded by NGC as MS-68. Oh, and date is 1792:

image011.jpgimage012.jpg

-- Cardinal

EarlyUScoins.org

Simply Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

1150187980443_thumbs_up.gif

fireworks4.jpg

image011.jpgimage012.jpg

-- Cardinal

EarlyUScoins.org

Simply Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

1150187980443_thumbs_up.gif

1880659-bugsbunny_.gif I think Martha looks a lot better on this coin grin.gif

Very nice gold Chad thumbsup2.gif Great looking Columbian Lee cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

1880659-bugsbunny_.gif.8cbbe4f3e0be6680a7ff157d0e57817a.gif

Edited by rrantique

Nice looking columbian there Lee! Nice Gold there Chad. You can try to think about digging something like that up on your vacation! thumbsup2.gif