• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I just acquired this today from E-Bay and as you can imagine-this black "line" wasn't in the photos I saw prior to purchase. I paid about $90.00 for this one and wondering if it can be conserved.

Nice looking Arkansas. thumbsup2.gif The line doesn't look too bad to me. I wouldn't bother conserving it.

1866045-a.jpg

This thread sure does grow quickly,

Great looking Buffalo, and a very nice looking Arkansas, I just acquired, nice cents there too dooley and the 8 Reales is also looking good. All nice interesting assortment of coins everyone.

Rey

Nice Comm there Sky...

That's NOT mine Bobby, I was just posting B1gart1's attachment.

foreheadslap.gifOpps sorry, nice commemorative there B1gartl!!! thumbsup2.gif

I don't know if anyone has even heard of this kind of Mercury Dime before, but I just acquired one. It's a 1945/43 or a 1945/42 overdate. I've not found any kind of information about this one. The 1942/1 sure, not this one though. Has anyone else have or heard of one of these before. I purchased it from a person who's friend discovered a box of old coins in the attic of a house he just purchased. This was just one of many goodies found in all this "loose change" So, does anybody have any info on this coin? I'm not finding much.

Thanks, Scott

1869663-MERCURYDIMEOVERDATE-1945-43.jpg.b1fcb9a4a2c6a5cdc679ed3896a922c1.jpg

Edited by Copernicus

Nice 8 Reales. thumbsup2.gif

Good looking CBH and ASE's JT! thumbsup2.gif

Copernicus, here is your image:

1869663-MERCURYDIMEOVERDATE-1945-43.jpg

It sure does look like something is going on there with the 4. I'm not so sure about the 5 though, that could just be how the coin has toned up.

I have not read nor seen any information about this year of merc. having an overdate. A lot of "apparent" overdates however can sometimes be atttributed to sheared metal aping during the minting process, giving the appearance of one digit over another. It can also sometimes be attributed to damage to the already struck coin after the minting process. I would find some literature dealing exclusively with Mercury Dime varieties. Just some thoughts.

Rey