• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Just came in today. My LeeG pedigreed Lincoln.

Awesome coin Bob and congrats. You were the Lucky one. cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

And so was Fletcher with that Mega Jackpot. cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Man oh Man Bob!!! That is a GORGEOUS '09-S VDB beastie!!! hail.gif That's a he1l of a collection of Lincolns you've been putting together in the last year! 893applaud-thumb.gif It's fun to watch you put it together. thumbsup2.gifpopcorn.gif

Dwaine, nice looking w/ arrows SLQ. thumbsup2.gif

Irvin, that's an attractive '48-D. thumbsup2.gif It would certainly FBL at PCGS. It may or may not at NGC based on the cut through the upper lines. Nice orange peel surfaces too!

FlyingEagle, that's a fun '57, nice going. thumbsup2.gif

Fletcher, what can I say, another beautiful early coin!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Is that the one the kid had been given for cleaning up the basement or whatever? Nice pickup.

NIce crusty Flying Eagle.

Wow Lee!!! I don't believe I've ever seen a steel cent as shiny and sparkly as that one. Your 1911 ain't too shabby either.

Dwaine, seeing that is attracting me towards Morgans...

Here's a new one, well, old, but new... 1859199-WashingtonLargeEagleObverse.JPG

1859200-WashintongLargeEagleReverse.JPG

HOOT, I'm gonna need your help with this one.

I originally posted this in the World Coins Forum yesterday thinking it was an early British coin. It was suggested by a fellow member that it may in fact be either a Connecticut or Vermont Copper of the 1785-88 timeframe since the top (reverse) legend looks to start with an capital "I," wheras the bottom (obverse) legend seems to start with an A. The legend on the reverse I believe is "INDE ET LIB". Apparently the obverse would read either "AUCTORI CONNEC" or "AUCTORI VERMON" depending on the state, but I can not make it out.

I picked this up at an auction yesterday.

Thanks,

Rey

EarlyBritishColonialObv.jpg

EarlyBritishColonialRev.jpg

Now that's crusty. It doesn't look a day over 200. That's a cool, interesting coin Rey. thumbsup2.gif I'm sure with some of the early American experts on the forum, they could not only tell you which it is, but what variety.

Here's a new one, well, old, but new... 1859199-WashingtonLargeEagleObverse.JPG

1859200-WashintongLargeEagleReverse.JPG

HOOT, I'm gonna need your help with this one.

Wow mike thats a stunning Washington cent:-

it looks like the 1791 large eagle type could you tell me if it is edge lettered " UNITED STATES OF AMERICA . * .

I would gess it is in EF condition from the scans (at least) and is worth a fair wack of $'s

takeit.gif i would love that in my collection 893applaud-thumb.gif

all the best hi.gif

Here's a new one, well, old, but new... HOOT, I'm gonna need your help with this one.

Wow Mike nice coin here is a little tidbit on it. cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

Breen quoting."This coin was made by the Birmingham token manufacturer Obadiah Westwood, and engraved by child prodigy John Gregory Hancock, Sr. Issued in order to win the contract for coinage in America, Breen estimates that a cask containing 2,500 large eagle and 1,500 small eagle cents was shipped to Philadelphia to the Westwood's representatives, Thomas Ketland & Sons for distribution to cabinet officials, dignitaries, senators and other VIP's. Some of these coins found an audience with President Washington, who rejected the proposal as "monarchial" and also noted that he was against contract coinage of any kind, especially from outside the country."

Nice 1881 Morgan there Dwaine! thumbsup2.gif Beautiful old cent there Mike! cloud9.gif That's a nice crusty ole "Whatchamacallit" there Rey thumbsup2.gif. Nice VDB there Stan! thumbsup2.gif

Well...everyone else is posting them so here is another of Lee's. smile.gif

Image courtesy of Lee

It's still the cleanest 65 VDB I've ever seen!! I can't take the credit for the pic though, I wish, the photo credit goes to mgoodm3 thumbsup2.gif

Heres the TruView version:

truview1909vdblarge.jpg

Picked this up at the last Baltimore show - just got it back from NGC

1943-STonedWashQuarterRev.jpg

WELL !!!!! how did it do ?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

MS65* - but the number is not that important (it's the color that's important)

I just picked up this coin recently. It is a piece that I had always wanted, but never thought I would be able to obtain.

1861116-mg102.jpg

1861118-mg102r.jpg

That is a great Iowa Richard. cloud9.gif

Very nice album tone quarter Ron. thumbsup2.gif

1861145-bugsbunny_.gif Yikes !! Not the famous PINE TREE SHILLING. 893whatthe.gif1861145-4_17_209.gifTomB thumbsup2.gif

1861145-4_17_209.gif.2d3bde77a450623254e07c4067dc0a27.gif

Edited by rrantique