• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

hail.gif That 1881 is one beautiful Morgan, unbelievable. I wish I had seen her in Baltimore last week.

Here are my latest two additions to my official catalogue of coins. Nowhere near the beauty of the last coin.

I am thinking perhaps MS-62 or 63 on each of these. Thoughts anyone?

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Rey (rbrown4)

I'd grade that Morgan MS63 - too much chatter in the fileds in front of the face and too many scuffs on the face for a MS64 - but it is nicer than a MS62.

I think I'll have "THE Moose" cool.gif with me in St. Louis - I'll be at Greg Allen's table (Greg Allen Coins - There will be several viscious attack dogs nearby to make sure "THE Moose" stays safely in it's pen) devil.gif )

A VERY nice grouping of coins and numismania!

Bruce, good going on the 1951 proof set!!! thumbsup2.gif Watch it, you may find the cameo series addictive! grin.gif BTW, what is an AUD pig?

123cents, that's a fun looking Feuchtwanger cent! What is the history with that coin? thumbsup2.gif

Dooly, I don't know what was in the rest of the coins that you got, but the 2 that you showed are Canadian. If you look one will have N. S. (Nova Scotia) and the other will have B. C. (British Columbia). Fun pieces! thumbsup2.gif

rbrown4, Very nice 1890-S and 1856 1/2 dime! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

AUD = Australian Dollar... This is the year of the boar / pig. Being I am a boar I figured I would get the coin. It is a reverse proof coin. Here is an Auction with the coin.

Ebay

This is in the lunar series of coins they have been putting out.

NIce '53 Half Cent. I have an 1853 that was unfortunate to fall into the hands of someone at some point who thought it would look much better as an all bright and shiny piece of copper. Needless to say it will never see an NGC or PCGS slab. Very unfortunate.

Yours is very nice looking.

Rey (rbrown4)

I like your new half dime, especially the reserve.

Did you get it from eBay? I must have missed it then.

I know that you have a whole roll of 1861s that look better, but I was satisfied with this one. cool.gif

Yes, I got it on ebay. The seller had an 1849/6 in PCGS AU58 and an 1871-S in PCGS MS63 that I was really interested in. I was underbidder on the '71-S (maybe I should have bid more since these are hard to find) and I was clueless and way under on the '49/6. I was watching this one too and snagged it as a consolation prize. He had bad pictures and I started to worry right after I won it. I was pleased (relieved) when I saw it in hand. thumbsup2.gif

BTW, it's a PCGS MS64.

Ron,

Congrats on getting the crossover!!! That coins deserves better plastic. thumbsup2.gif

Well, that honey probably looks just as good in Capital Plastic - maybe even better sans plastic - In my mind the plastic just keeps her clean and mark free

Here's another recent acquisition

18130007_large.jpg

I just came home and checked the image by seller(I've been saving all the images of seated half dimes available online lately) and WOW!!

I would never bid on the coin based on the seller's image. You really do have special eyes for detecting nice coins laugh.gif

Being I am a boar

You are not a bore - I find you quite entertaining ...

Carry on Cherio AND all that

Got this today from the us posted on the 12th been in customs "bugger" got charged import tax because seller ticked the Merchandise box!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

Still like the coin Nice Die cracks !!

1726876-1868new.jpg

hi.gif

1726876-1868newr.jpg

hi.gif

1726876-1868newdc.jpg

hi.gif

1726876-1868newdc.jpg.c8a96db9e4ddcd1db9f563641f6ed88f.jpg

Edited by dooly

No pics (need to send 'em off to Bruce) but I just bought 2 raw Peace dollars; a 1921 in ~MS62 with a Really Nice strike and a DDO 1934-D in ~MS62 (it's probably mechanical doubling, but it looks cool).

EDITED TO ADD: Well, whaddya' know, I'm not a VAM kind of guy, but some people recommended that I look at vamworld.com. It turns out that the coin is a 1934-D VAM-3 medium D DDO.

Edited by SkyMan

Nice one Skyman all Vam'd up then. thumbsup2.gif

Hear is my latest coins to come through the post 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yet another Shield nickel not listed in Cherrypicker !!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1729432-1867new.jpg

1729432-1867newd.jpg

1729432-1867newr.jpg

and a busty Lady from 1832 with nice edge lettering and milling... thumbsup2.gif

1729432-1832.jpg

1729432-1832r.jpg

hi.gif

is the 8 funny or is it just me ?

check out the competion i have started on Detecting 101 and win a Very old coin 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1729432-1832r.jpg.49015797f8f58298c485a091b6c75904.jpg

Edited by dooly

New One ... DLRC

1730658-1885s64.jpg

Tone is a little distracting - See what it looks like in hand in a few days

1730658-1885s64.jpg.9fcfe7ae1554a7e774e4634b95d199ed.jpg

D.D. Superb looking 46 half there. Great color and tones. A very nice coin. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let me know if you ever want to part with it.

Rey

Edited by rbrown4

New One ... DLRC

1730658-1885s64.jpg

Tone is a little distracting - See what it looks like in hand in a few days

Mike you mean the patina? It looks great to me thumbsup2.gif