• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I just got a San Fran proof gold commem for Hanukkah. I was out of the case when I got it; it has a few small hairlines. I figure there is no point in returning it as I will only get one returned for the same reason.

I don't have a picture, but they all look the same. wink.gif

Zach

Zach, Winston has made a very valid point. 893naughty-thumb.gif Therefore, I simply ask you to ship me the commem to image for you and I will accept the coin on behalf of the forum as an apology coin. Thank you. sumo.gif

Messing around with my new camera. I've only had it for a couple days. I was using my copy stand and getting too much light on the coins. I decided to put a sock over each of the bulbs which worked great until the fire started 893whatthe.gif I’ll have to figure out a better/safer way to mute the light.

These two coins I bought from our friend James.

1919centavos.jpg

1920centavos.jpg

Nice looking coins Winston. I could not help but figure the coins looked more like this....

1919centavos1.jpg

1920centavos1.jpg

I hope you don't mind I fixed your images a bit.. Looks like you are on your way with the new camera.

Don’t mind at all. I still have a lot of work to do with the lighting and the white balance but I thought these were a pretty good as a first attempt.

Taking coin pics is a nice, virtually-free hobby to partake in between coin purchases. I actually have a bunch of coins that I just was never able to image previously.

Here is another one that I am working on. It’s not right in this picture. It’s more iridescent purple than pink and the devices aren’t gray they are silver in color. The coin is pretty cool in hand though and is in an NGC PF66 holder. I think it will look cool once I figure out my new camera.

1961.jpg

I picked this coin up today at the Nashua NH show. Ron gave me a good deal on the coin and I really like the look of the coin. The overdate is clear but the reverese is really interesting. The die cracks and the doubled shield really add character to the coin. Does anyone know the variety? Does it add value to the coin? Thanks for looking.

1811BustDime.jpg

That is a cool dime! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think that's the only variety for the year, the 1811/09. Coinfacts says it is JR-1.

I really like the reverse. grin.gif

Thanks for sharing!

-Amanda

That's a terrific lens, Mike! smile.gif

Amanda, if that is a Capital Plastics holder, which it looks like it is, then it is of a style that they have not made for perhaps two decades and it has value aside from the coins it contains. By the way, I love the look of that set. smile.gif

That's a terrific lens, Mike! smile.gif

Amanda, if that is a Capital Plastics holder, which it looks like it is, then it is of a style that they have not made for perhaps two decades and it has value aside from the coins it contains. By the way, I love the look of that set. smile.gif

Yes, it is an old Capital holder. My dad has had the holder since he collected in the 70s I think. When I became interested in Numismatics last October, he started building the set for me. And it's done now! (But he was too excited to wait for Monday. wink.gif )

Thanks! smile.gif

-Amanda

A Sold Out David Carr acquisition - Kinda neat

I thought David Carr was the quarterback for the Texans. cool.gif

I dont understand the meaning

popcorn.gif