• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is trolling?

10 posts in this topic

Trolling is when someone posts on the forum with the sole desire to start a fight with someone else. It's different than legitimately disagreeing with someone, but rather just saying something to get a reaction, like "I think you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and your coins are ugly."

Trolling is when someone posts on the forum with the sole desire to start a fight with someone else. It's different than legitimately disagreeing with someone, but rather just saying something to get a reaction, like "I think you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and your coins are ugly."

Let's see if I can do this like them "big boys" up in the water cooler:

TROLL!!!!!

How dare you say my coins are ugly!!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

• Administrator
WOW! Great site. That site could be topic of disustion on water cooler. CHRIS

lol! No kidding. It's tempting to snag some of those troll-names and pin them as titles on a few people. wink.gif

Arch

Wow! Quite a site! There is even an Android there, although the similarity is in name only. While reading each of those descriptions, I thought of exact matches to users here, and particularly on the CU forums...

Too funny!

Andy 27_laughing.gif

lol! No kidding. It's tempting to snag some of those troll-names and pin them as titles on a few people. wink.gif

Arch

The Jerk one would have to have numerations after it (Jerk I, Jerk II, Jerk MMCXXIV, etc).

Troglodyte would be abused.

Giving the title of Archivist would just pester a certain one and might even bug him to no end.

Grunter, jeez is this one ever annoying.

How about a contest/auction to "pin" these appropriate names on a few?

A great link, Thanks much for the smiles!!!!!

Trolling is also posting questions and bogus material in an attempt to get a rise out of people, often newcomers in particular. For example, ask a question to which everyone except a newcomer knows the answer, then sit back and watch the greenhorns bite as they attempt to address the query in earnest.

If I didn't believe (from your CameoCC affiliation) you were serious, the question "What is trolling?" would itself constitute virtually perfect recursion!

27_laughing.gif,

Beijim