• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC grading at coin show in Atlanta??

7 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity, is a show grading live? As in, they'll grade, and slab your coins in front of you, while you wait? I've always wondered how the slabs are sealed...

Just out of curiosity, is a show grading live? As in, they'll grade, and slab your coins in front of you, while you wait? I've always wondered how the slabs are sealed...

Sort of. The customer service people will take your coins and they go to a back room where they are graded and then sealed. You don't see this happening. Also, you don't want to be around the sealing machine. It produces a loud high pitch squeal. At least they used to.

It produces a loud high pitch squeal. At least they used to.

Those were the sound of the dealers after they received their graded submissions. Squeal of delight or squeal of..... well, er, you know. confused.gif

TRUTH

Is that per coin or per handfull of coins? They better wear gloves with my coins they are pretty nasty!!

Yeah, it's probably because you have a PMM mixed in with them. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Chris