• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My purchases in Paris last week...

3 posts in this topic

Left to right:

2003 Proof French Euro set bought at La Musee de la Monnaie (an official Mint outlet).

1974 Uncirculated French Franc set (coin laying on blue box is a 1994 5F Voltaire commemorative that the dealer threw in for free).

2002 Uncirculated Italian Euro set.

For some of the coin shops in Paris it was necessary to ring a door bell to be let inside. Once inside, the dealer was usually behind glass and you have to ask for what you want to see.

fc20d46e.jpg

For some of the coin shops in Paris it was necessary to ring a door bell to be let inside. Once inside, the dealer was usually behind glass and you have to ask for what you want to see.

That's because you were in the bad area of town. smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

Several shops are like that here. I hate that. Nothing in the cases and you make the guy walk back to the safe to dig thru all his junk to find a coin or two.

That's because you were in the bad area of town.

Untrue, I was in the financial district. And now I suppose you will take credit for reviving this Dud Thread, WHICH I posted here only because there was a plea for more traffic in this moribund World Coin forum.