• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS Conservation Report

6 posts in this topic

What does it tell you? How many that have sent coins into NCS have ever requested the report? Is it worth $75?

I don't have a clue what goes on when someone conserves a coin. I think it would be highly educational to get at least one report done. Any opinions?

Jerry

I have one right in front of me. It's from 8/30/02 and is for the only coin I have sent into NCS that I have owned. The coin was a 1932 Washington quarter in a PCGS MS64 holder that was obviously an MS65 with bad dip residue. NCS cleaned off the residue, neutralized and stabilized the surfaces and then passed it to NGC where it was put into an MS65 holder.

The report itself says very little and is only about one-half page in length. It lists the coin, denomination, previous service holder and grade, NGC grade, value and fee. There is nothing else written on it.

Please keep in mind that this evaluation report is nearly four years old so they may have changed their policies substantially with regard to what appears on it.

In my Ask NCS post, I asked if the actual chemicals used were listed on the report. Here is what was PMed to me: "An NCS Conservation Report would not list the chemicals or techniques used. The before and after coins of the month in our monthly eNewsletter are similar to what you would get with a conservation report. You would receive a more detailed description of what was on the coin to be removed in a conservation report, however."

Well, thatnks for the help. I guess that answers that. I was hoping for a report that would tell you everything NCS says they aren't going to tell you.

Jerry