• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Posters on the PCGS give out poor information.

137 posts in this topic

The higher courtesy and knowledge level, and lower attack-dog volume, on the World Coin forum across the street compared to the US forum there, probably has a lot to do with the reason this forum is growing, but there is little activity on the World forum over here. Darksiders there don't have so much garbage to run away from. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The higher courtesy and knowledge level, and lower attack-dog volume, on the World Coin forum across the street compared to the US forum there, probably has a lot to do with the reason this forum is growing, but there is little activity on the World forum over here. Darksiders there don't have so much garbage to run away from. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's start posting world coin stuff here and help it grow. laugh.gif

Although I don't post much, I do tend to read all the coin boards when I get a chance. PCGS has the quantity, NGC has the quality. I think they should change the name of the US Coin Forum to the Toned Frankies Forum. Sorry if that sounds negative but sometimes I think half the posts are a waste of time.

Say Greg, if your still reading this thread, when are you going to update your website. You have me hungry for more information! smile.gif

-Dave

Say Greg, if your still reading this thread, when are you going to update your website. You have me hungry for more information! smile.gif

Soon. Ive been very busy recently. I can play on the forums at work, but it's a little harder to work on my site while at work. grin.gif

I hope to get some info on the site before Long Beach. I know I've got some interesting meetings with people at LB that have lots of info to tell me. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Let's start posting world coin stuff here and help it grow.

Okay, Greg, I will post a new thread in the World Coin board about something I bought at the GSNA. Hopefully, I will get a good answer! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK, I just made a post there about recent coin purchases in Paris...

World Coins?! I let people know I collect coins and they give me all their Canadian, Mexican, Bahama...etc coinage. One of my friends gave me a penny from the Bahama's and I thought it was fake... it has a star fish on one side, a dolphin and pelican? on the other side... a definate cool little coin!

I'll have to delve into my mini collection and see if I have anything good.

-Dave

Without a doubt the overall tone of these boards are much more polite and courteous. Seems people here are more interested in helping one another with the hobby. TomB is correct. As is Truth. One only needs to determine who doesn't post here, the members of Truth's "mob", to see why the tone is one of civility. People here are interested in more than the Accented Hair Kennedy and Franklin Halves.

On the NGC forum, I find the posters to be much more intellectual.

You hit the head right on the nail.

You remember that thread last year? I was eating a hot dog and that one guy got hit and then you know. That hot dog was funny.

But, I like pancakes. My favorite color is too.

The other day the most amazing thing happened. I was walking across the street and but I don't like to fly in helicopters.

Coins are great because I'm having a fun summer but winter is cool too because you can go swimming and not one thing is funner than coins.

Sometimes when I type I say it out loud while I'm typing cause I don't know if I'm saying it or typing it. But thats why paste is good, but sometimes I eat all my crayons.

I'm just trying to relate to you bro. But I think you're correct in what you were saying. That is, if I could understand it, which I can't, so I won't, but you gotta admit that, wrong? What do you thought?

jom makepoint.gifsmile.gif

On the NGC forum, I find the posters to be much more intellectual.

You hit the head right on the nail.

You remember that thread last year? I was eating a hot dog and that one guy got hit and then you know. That hot dog was funny.

But, I like pancakes. My favorite color is too.

The other day the most amazing thing happened. I was walking across the street and but I don't like to fly in helicopters.

Coins are great because I'm having a fun summer but winter is cool too because you can go swimming and not one thing is funner than coins.

Sometimes when I type I say it out loud while I'm typing cause I don't know if I'm saying it or typing it. But thats why paste is good, but sometimes I eat all my crayons.

I'm just trying to relate to you bro. But I think you're correct in what you were saying. That is, if I could understand it, which I can't, so I won't, but you gotta admit that, wrong? What do you thought?

jom makepoint.gifsmile.gif

I think this post officially makes Jom a Hep Daddy.

I think this post officially makes Jom a Hep Daddy.

lol

Be Bop a Luha. Frankie is Swanky.

jom

there is nothing wrong what-so-ever with being interested in Frankies... if someone else isnt, avoid the thread... I have never bashed anyone else for their like in coins or their threads...(i have gotten into friendly fights with the kennedy heads)...

I love all coins, coins from the late 1700s to the present. And I have many in my collection, raw, NGC, ICG, PCGs.... Franklins are just my specialty.....

The Franklin threads that I am involved in are my contribution to that segment of the hobby that many others enjoy...... Just as some specialize in the winged libertys.... which is a lovely coin........ or Morgan dollars.......

btw, toned Frankies are boss, I love this NGC endroll Toner!!

2021.jpg

Who bashed Franklins? My 2nd post was responding to Greg. It was a JOKE.

My 1st post had nothing to do with Franklins. Plus, again, it was a JOKE. Do I EVER talking about Frankins?

There is no reason to get all bent. Geez....

jom

nobody is getting bent? Bash Frankies all you want, they do it to me on the other board... I still love em.... Jom HepDaddy!

I like both sides of the street. If we had 100+ people here I'm sure we would have some of the same stuff.

Larry, you've been over here for over a year and this was your second post?!

-To respond to your post though, there are over 1,700 members of Collectors Society. I've got to figure there is already 100+ Coin guys signed up.

Sorry if I said something you didn't like but you know what I was trying to say. There are a lot of great people on both sides of the street and many of the same on both. On average there is a lot of great information on both.

Braddick This is my third post here.I spend most of my time reading and not posting. I hope that's ok with you. grin.gif

To add to what I was trying to say. In the past 10 hours there were 10 post here and about 80 over there. If there were 80 per hour here we would have the same amount of mis information. Sorry I was not clear the first time.

To add to what I was trying to say. In the past 10 hours there were 10 post here and about 80 over there. If there were 80 per hour here we would have the same amount of mis information. Sorry I was not clear the first time.

I don't thinks so. Over there the percentage of either misinformation, OT, or not really helpful to the topic is probably 30%. I doubt 30% of the posts over here fall in those categories. The amount of WRONG information over there is rather high. Most of this info is coming from clueless newbies.

I don't thinks so. Over there the percentage of either misinformation, OT, or not really helpful to the topic is probably 30%. I doubt 30% of the posts over here fall in those categories. The amount of WRONG information over there is rather high. Most of this info is coming from clueless newbies.

Larry, you scared me but then I saw your smilie! ::Whew::! I thought I'd have some explaining to do!

yes i notice lots of wrong information all tyhe time at pcgs and i am treally sick and tired of all the well most of the posts about idiotic nonsense

i wonder where most get their information from? out of their own opinions??

anyway please tell me waht OT means ? i see that lots over at pcgs.com

sincerely michael

But if we had the 80 post per hour the newbies and the 30 percent would be here.

At 80 posts/hour I'm sure a lot of it would be newbie posts. However, the newbie posts seem to thrive over there. They are a different class of newbie posts. Over here the few newbies have been given info and moved on. Over there they stick around to debate why their polished 1881-S Morgan in XF didn't slab at PCGS and why dealers are trying to screw them by not offering him MS67 money for the coin

The NGC site seems to be more high brow posts about coins. Post something about die varieties over here and it will get responses from people who are educated in this area. Post it over on the PCGS or NumisAddict site and it would likely die a quick death.

The NumisAddict site seems very collector oriented. Lots of talk about collector coins. I don't want to say the anti-NGC site, but it is extremely different.

The PCGS site is filled with several different fractions of collectors. The "look at what coin I just purchased for my registry set". The people who are more concerned with how many points they will get from a purchase than the actual coin itself. I actually found it amazing about one of the people over there. He talked about crossing a coin over from NGC to PCGS to use in his registry. He mentioned that he accepted a one point grade drop by PCGS. This is a series where PCGS & NGC Bluesheet prices are virtually identical. This one point drop cost the guy about $1,000 (over 40%). He was happy because he can now put it in his registry set. Amazing!!

Then there are clueless newbies who couldn't buy a clue. The people who just like to bash dealers. The people who contribute nothing, yet post a hell of a lot. We don't have these types of people over here. I'm sure they will come here in the future, but for now this place is really nice and peaceful and full of info. cool.gif

OT means 'over the top', or having nothing to do with coins. There a lot of those posts on the PGCS coin forum.

TRUTH

yes i notice lots of wrong information all tyhe time at pcgs and i am treally sick and tired of all the well most of the posts about idiotic nonsense

The easy answer is to stop posting there. Your posts are full of info and pictures of stunning coins that most of us could only hope to own even if we had the money to buy them.

i wonder where most get their information from? out of their own opinions??

anyway please tell me waht OT means ? i see that lots over at pcgs.com

Opinion = fact. Proof of wrong facts = you being an [!@#%^&^].

OT = Off Topic.

Off Topic! Woo Hoo! I like eggs.

Anyway, the stuff I get tired of at the PCGS board is the constant drivel about grading. The subject of grading these days FAR outweights the importance than even the coin itself it seems.

Another thing I love is quotes such as "..my PCGS dime...". Last I checked PCGS doesn't "make" dimes. It grades them. Of course, with all the emphisis on grading you'd think PCGS is the US Mint, Treasury and Church of Christ all rolled into one.

jom

Hi Larry, I'm going to interpret what Pat meant by explaining how I initially read it. To me, it seemed like a good-natured ribbing; something along the lines of "It took you that long ..." with the emphasis on "that long" to convey humor. In other words, I don't think Pat was intending to malign or disparage you. It could be that his use of emoticons or italics was lacking in the initial greeting.

Please note, I have not spoken to Pat about this and, as such, I could be entirely wrong. I just wanted to convey how it read to someone else on the boards. Perhaps you weren't happy with the content or tenor of the initial posts from this thread and, therefore, read Pat's post in a defensive-minded position? A complete guess on my part and feel free to let me know how wrong I was.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you posting here. smile.gif

Also, to reiterate what I wrote previously; I think there is much good to be found on both boards, but, the velocity of posting at PCGS is such that there are bound to be more annoying or ill-informed posts than the absolute numbers found at NGC. Both boards have very good things about them, in terms of people and information, and members should read and/or post wherever they believe their time and effort is justified and wherever they want to share their expertise or passion. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OT means 'over the top', or having nothing to do with coins.There a lot of those posts on the PGCS coin forum.TRUTH

Truth, as has already been pointed out, "OT" stands for "off topic, not "over the top".

I find it amusing and ironic that you would dispense such poor and incorrect information in response to the question, especially considering the title of YOUR very own thread! Perhaps you should be posting on the C.U. forum if you're going to "give out poor information"? shocked.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist - I think you deserved it.

Now, those who want to, can flame me.

PS - I just noticed that you made reference to the "PGCS" forum, rather than the "PCGS" one - more "poor information"!

Sorry, I couldn't resist - I think you deserved it.

Now, those who want to, can flame me.

They would, but you'd probably never see it since you spend so much time over on the PCGS forum instead of here. smily28.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist - I think you deserved it. smirk.gifshocked.gifsmirk.gif