• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another NT or AT thread!

9 posts in this topic

hi.gif everyone,

Click on the following link and tell me what you think of these two coins! I know that it's difficult to tell if they are NT or AT from pictures but the coins are very simular in color. Heck, they both have been fingerprinted to death as well. But one is AT while the other has been certified as a NT coin.

http://spaces.msn.com/lestroup/

Leo

Both are highly suspect. I'd say #1 has a small shot at NT, but #2 is AT.

The first picture makes me think someone lightened it up a bit. The colors look faded.

Leo

The difference between the two pictures is that the one that isn't "dull" has been set to a higher contrast.

They both look the same but I'm not entire sure they are NT.

jom

I posted this topic in light that both coins will be auctioned off in separate auctions but by Heritage. Is it highly possible that these two coins came from the same consigner? The first coin pictured was certified as a 1964-D 5C MS66 star NGC with the following desription.

This coin appears to have been stored in a sulphur-based environment that was exposed to a heat source for some time. (probably in a volcano, 27_laughing.gif) Variegated colors of electric-blue, bright crimson-purple, and acetylene-yellow are seen on each side. The underlying surfaces are somewhat porous in texture.

And the second coin pictured was graded by;

1964-D 5C --Artificially Toned--ANACS. MS60 Details

I highly suspect NGC didn't get it right again! I've added a picture of the toned

1938-S that NGC BB for artificial toning. Without fingerprints, I might add!

http://spaces.msn.com/lestroup/

Leo