• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage pulls out of Santa Clara auctions.

7 posts in this topic

Talked with David Lindvall who says that Heritage will no longer have an auction in Santa Clara. Instead, Heritage will have auctions in New York City. Something about Gillio charging an 'auction fee' for Santa Clara that really PO'd Heritage. I give Santa Clara one more year and Long Beach two more years, then KAPUTT!!

TRUTH

I thought it was because there was some differences over "ownership" of the show? That's what another forum member said.

They are still doing Long Beach . Santa Clara, from what I have heard, is a small show compared to Long Beach. I can't imagine Heritage completely abandoning the west coast.

No reason why Heritage can't organize their own Santa Clara show and compete with Gillio's. I wonder who the dealers would follow? Would they switch to a Heritage run show?

I also heard it was over the ownership of the show? Has anyone talked with Heritage as to what happened?

IT'S ABOUT TIME SOMEBODY OTHER THAN STACK'S COMMITTED TO REGULAR AUCTIONS IN NYC !!!!!! Considering how many auctions are held in California, I'd say this is a SMART move on the part of Heritage !!!!

Anyone attending the ANA auctions here last summer, or some of the recent Stack's auctions, or the Dallas Bank auction, knowns that NYC is still a venue filled with avid (and in many cases wealthy) coin collectors !!!

Sunnywood

I thought it was odd for Superior to sponsor the auction at the last Santa Clara Show, and they are now listed as that show's official auctioneer. The bad news is that Heritage was putting together some solid consignments for the Santa Clara venue, and the show was on the upswing. It's still a popular show, and my retail sales there are much stronger than at LB, but losing Heritage is a big step in the wrong direction. Infact, I don't believe Heritage attended this last show at all. Not good!

In my opinion, all shows receive compensation from the auction companies that hold sales under their banner. I assume the highest competent bidder wins.

The maverick sales, such as the Beverly Hills auctions prior to Long Beach, sales prior to FUN and the ANA do not pay fees to the shows.