• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage places arbitration clause........

5 posts in this topic

in their signature sales catalog now. When did this happen? From the catalog, it appears by bidding in the auction, you agree to arbitration. I hope this doesn't apply to consignors since I would cross out this provision on any consignment form.

TRUTH

I always thought they had that arbitration clause?? That only has to do with bidding, I guess. But I have never had a problem with CAA/Heritage! If I thought there would be problems I wouldn't consign to them! I may be as dumb as a bag of hammers but what is wrong with arbitration anyway? tongue.gif

I always thought they had that arbitration clause??

Me too. I seem to remember it being there.

I may be as dumb as a bag of hammers but what is wrong with arbitration anyway? tongue.gif

It usually favors one side. You also lack the possibility of getting a sympathetic jury that will award you a lot of money for your sob story. I also believe that you don't have the same appeals process.

Thanks Gmarguli! I have never delt with an arbitration, myself. I can remember my Union taking cases to arbitration and winning some and losing some...

Truth, I think that clause has been in their terms of sale for awhile. I can't say for sure, because it's been a looong time since I actually read a catalog's terms of sale (hey, I used to read just about every word, once upon a time).

You seem to have a Heritage fixation for some reason. Hmmmm!