• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Star to Include Commemoratives

4 posts in this topic

I have a suggestion. Since the Star designation is subjective and none of us yet know what will qualify and what won't, I suggest that you offer each Collectors Club member and Authorized Dealer a one-time deal where we can send in up to 10 already NGC holdered coins and we only pay the designation fee for those that get the Star plus shipping and handling and insurance on all of them. This would give each member and Dealer a better idea as to what makes the cut and encourage use of the service going forward.

Great idea, but why isn't the star designation applied to all denominations and varieties? And why not simply divide up the grades as has been described for what happens during grading, i.e. MSxx A,B, or C. The whole thing seems strange to me. I've read the collector's society blurb on the star designation and it did not help with understanding the fundamental philosophy.

Hoot