• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PKOK Ikes.

37 posts in this topic

I was just reading a thread across the street. I find it absolutely hilarious. When you know the entire story, the information comes full circle and no one but one of the posters knows most of the truth.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=485097

TRUTH

Weren't all of the peacock Ikes intentionally manufactured? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It's only now that PCGS has realized this and so they will not slab that look anymore.

Weren't all of the peacock Ikes intentionally manufactured? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It's only now that PCGS has realized this and so they will not slab that look anymore.

mmmmmmmmmm maybe. wink.gif

TRUTH

What in the name of Moses is a "PKOK Ike"?

Jim Barlow of the Kennedy Mint in VA coined the term "Peacock" for the lovely green toning of the "original" hoard of proof silver Ike dollars.

TRUTH

I was just reading a thread across the street. I find it absolutely hilarious. When you know the entire story, the information comes full circle and no one but one of the posters knows most of the truth.

TRUTH

SHUT UP!!! These are REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL and I'll pay stupid money for them because I know they're REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL because they're in PCGS slabs!!!!

3monkeys.jpg

Actually, I think many of the people in that thread probably just don't want to admit the truth to themselves. If they did, then their collection is build on a story of lies.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=485097

TRUTH

Truthteller, what I take from that old CU Peacock Ike thread is that you know most of the truth. Has enough time passed such that you can reveal any additional information beyond what was said in the old thread?

"Has enough time passed such that you can reveal any additional information beyond what was said in the old thread?"

Yes.

TRUTH

OK, maybe it's just the lighting, but that coin doesn't look all that fantastic to me! What are these worth? I'd have guessed $50, but I have a feeling the truth will be a lot more than that.... confused-smiley-013.gif

James

"Has enough time passed such that you can reveal any additional information beyond what was said in the old thread?"

Yes.

TRUTH

frustrated.gif

Yes.

TRUTH

frustrated.gif

OK, take one ugly coin + one easy bake oven + one flowery story + one gullible grading service + one gullible ugly coin buyer with more money than brains + one set of earplugs/blindfold/gag = PKOK.

Yes.

TRUTH

frustrated.gif

OK, take one ugly coin + one easy bake oven + one flowery story + one gullible grading service + one gullible ugly coin buyer with more money than brains + one set of earplugs/blindfold/gag = PKOK.

Thanks for the info but your storytelling leave a bit to be desired. confused-smiley-013.gif

Probably more than one buyer, too.

Yes.

TRUTH

frustrated.gif

I can tell you that:

No easy bake oven.

No flowery story. More like a jungley story.

TRUTH

Yes.

TRUTH

frustrated.gif

Thanks for the info but your storytelling leave a bit to be desired. confused-smiley-013.gif

Probably more than one buyer, too.

A long time ago I posted much of the story across the street. It was ignored or hacked to pieces with a blind eye. I think it was fairly accurate given the first hand source. The first monster toned Ikes that I ever heard of came from him almost two decades ago...

Question: The Ikes were originally ATed for what reason?

Place a Geiger counter next to a PKOK dollar and see what the meter reading is. Are PKOK Ikes warm to the touch? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

A long time ago I posted much of the story across the street. It was ignored or hacked to pieces with a blind eye. I think it was fairly accurate given the first hand source. The first monster toned Ikes that I ever heard of came from him almost two decades ago...

Question: The Ikes were originally ATed for what reason?

Can you link the thread, or is it gone?

BTW, are those your Palau coins on Teletrade? They were getting some press across the street. grin.gif

TRUTH

SHUT UP!!! These are REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL and I'll pay stupid money for them because I know they're REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL, REAL because they're in PCGS slabs!!!!

3monkeys.jpg

Actually, I think many of the people in that thread probably just don't want to admit the truth to themselves. If they did, then their collection is build on a story of lies.

50% of all numismatics is built upon lies. Why should Ikes (or toned Indian cents...) or anything else be any different?

BTW, are those your Palau coins on Teletrade? They were getting some press across the street. grin.gif

Nope. I very rarely sell thru TeleTrade.

Here is the link that you are likely looking for.

Thanks, but that's not it -- I did read through that thread, though.

I was looking for what Greg was referring to when he said "A long time ago I posted much of the story across the street. It was ignored or hacked to pieces with a blind eye. I think it was fairly accurate given the first hand source. "

Here is the link that you are likely looking for.

Thanks, but that's not it -- I did read through that thread, though.

I was looking for what Greg was referring to when he said "A long time ago I posted much of the story across the street. It was ignored or hacked to pieces with a blind eye. I think it was fairly accurate given the first hand source. "

I've got no link to it. I have no idea what the original topic was about either. It may have been about PKOK Ikes or some totally unrelated topic that veered well off course. And considering I made close to 20,000 posts there, I'm not going to search for it. smile.gif

And considering I made close to 20,000 posts there, I'm not going to search for it.

Dang, Greg! Between you successful full time career and your coin wheeling and dealing, how do you find the time?

And considering I made close to 20,000 posts there, I'm not going to search for it.

Dang, Greg! Between you successful full time career and your coin wheeling and dealing, how do you find the time?

He pays kids in India 3 cents an hour to post here for him gossip.gif

Yes.

Geez...here we go again. frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

jom