• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Grading set of Groschens!

13 posts in this topic

I seem to have accumulated a grading set of mint state Austrian Leopold the Hogmouth 3 kreuzers (aka groschens) from the Breslau mint.

Have a look:

117220-007.jpg

2750051-040.jpg

2750051-041.jpg

1880344-002.jpg

They coins even match the grades in order of increasing quality!

Okay, admittedly, I don't know much about coins. But man oh man, these are gorgeous!

Even the 63?

Very nice set.

They look oddly familiar. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe because three of the four came from you. confused-smiley-013.gif

Very nice set.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Possibly!

I believe the MS65 was the first really early foreign coin I made in gem condition. The toning spot came from NGC. It wasn't there when I submitted the coin. confused-smiley-013.gif

Very nice set.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Possibly!

I believe the MS65 was the first really early foreign coin I made in gem condition. The toning spot came from NGC. It wasn't there when I submitted the coin. confused-smiley-013.gif

Before I bought it you metioned thinking of sending it back. You made this before the 1790 Brandenburg-Ansbach pfening in MS67?

Before I bought it you metioned thinking of sending it back. You made this before the 1790 Brandenburg-Ansbach pfening in MS67?

I think so. The Hogmouth was from a bid board in the valley before I started buying a lot of foreign. The Brandenburg-Ansbach was from a dealer at Long Beach, so it was likely later. Also, based on the cert number, it was very early on in my submissions to NGC under my Collectors Society membership. I think 2750000 was the first number used for all CS members for the online form.

I haven't got the slightest experience with these, but this last coin, the MS66, really stands apart, it must be something in hand!

Great set and possibly unique, a very original idea! thumbsup2.gif

I haven't got the slightest experience with these, but this last coin, the MS66, really stands apart, it must be something in hand!

Great set and possibly unique, a very original idea! thumbsup2.gif

The 66 is heads and shoulders above any of the others.

This "set" just kind of came together.

First one I bought was the MS64 which I bought raw & slabbed. Liked the 63 a it better so bought that. Liked the 65 better than the other two so grabbed that one as well. The 66 came along and I just had to have it!

Before you know it, a grading set! I'm not sure if I'll keep all four but there's no rush to decide.