• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 61- Who will it be....

18 posts in this topic

QUESTION: The popular painting "Ye Olde Mint" depicts the original U.S. Mint structures of 1792. Who painted this picture and when?

First post that correctly answers wins The Complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels second edition by David W. Lange. (signed)

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

I know it was painted by Edwin Lamasure Jr., and I will guess it was done in 1910, though it might have been done in the late 1880s or early 1890s when he moved back to Philadelphia from Washington DC. Interestingly, he, and his father and brother Frank all worked for the BEP.

Edwin Lamazure

This painting was commissioned by Frank H.

Stewart in 1914

am going to streach this one and try to pull a rabbit out of my hat for the date. The person who painted it was Edwin Lamazure. Ok that was easy enough. Now the part that I'm making a wild guess and will need help on. It was panted in 1909 for the book" Ye Olde Mint" written by Frank H. Stewart.

Seeing that you and Dave might of stumped me here is a trivia question for you two. Beside the book how is Frank H. Smith and his family tied in with the mint? CHRIS

QUESTION: The popular painting "Ye Olde Mint" depicts the original U.S. Mint structures of 1792. Who painted this picture and when?

ANSWER: Edwin Lamasure, 1914.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The winner is Banknote1!

Your prize is The Complete Guide to Buffalo Nickels.

Runner up winner is rgv! You will be receiving an intercept box.

Your prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks for your participation!