• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever order from Greece?

11 posts in this topic

Bought and paid for a coin 1 month ago exactly. Seller has excellent feedback. Does it usually take this long? So far my experiences are from Israel - 2 weeks, Germany - 1 week.

A fellow forum member has shipped me stuff from Greece and I recall it arrived somewhat slowly. Stuff going there was OK. Their postal system has a bad rep.

I get stuff from a Swiss seller in 2-3 days. 893whatthe.gif

A fellow forum member has shipped me stuff from Greece and I recall it arrived somewhat slowly. Stuff going there was OK. Their postal system has a bad rep.

I get stuff from a Swiss seller in 2-3 days. 893whatthe.gif

Don't get me started on California's postal system, it takes 2 weeks for parcels to reach that remote state,and vice versa, I am still waiting for one from James, while NY takes 2 days, 3 max,and so does most of the East coast, I wonder how they send them to you once they reach NY first. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thing, if you bought an ancient coin from Greece, you should know that posession,collecting, buying, selling or trading Greek coins dated prior to 1828 is illegal and if your seller did not take good precautions to hide its content it might have been stopped by the Customs, one month is too long for everywhere including CA. poke2.gif

I am still waiting for one from James

The one sitting on my desk, still unopened from Teletrade, because you requested photos?

doh! I forgot about this. yeahok.gif

Payment seems outstanding as well. poke2.gif

Probably just lost in the mail thanks to the Greek postal system. devil.gif

893whatthe.gif

doh! I forgot about this. yeahok.gif

Payment seems outstanding as well. poke2.gif

Is it? I thought I had paypaled you this, I keep forgetting in my old age. blush.gif

Hmmmm, you're probably right, even though I pay James by paypal. makepoint.gif Let's see what you'll have to say about the post when I'll have a box full of good stuff to send you,the ones l'll get from Karl during your absence from CICF. hi.gif

Hmmmm, you're probably right, even though I pay James by paypal. makepoint.gif Let's see what you'll have to say about the post when I'll have a box full of good stuff to send you,the ones l'll get from Karl during your absence from CICF. hi.gif

What will I say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Mail it from Chicago and not Greece so we know it'll actually arrives. 27_laughing.gif

As for Chicago, that's still undecided.

As for Karl, I already raped his inventory several times the last few months. I'm surprised he has anything left to sell. I'll have to call him a few days before the show and flip thru the stuff he is taking to the show. You know I live close enough to just drive there on the weekend. boo.gif

Is it? I thought I had paypaled you this, I keep forgetting in my old age. blush.gif

yeahok.gif

the ones l'll get from Karl during your absence from CICF. hi.gif

Last time I saw him Karl had nothing left but a few coffee cans of 50c each coins. confused-smiley-013.gif