• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some coin collectors are absolutely insane!

13 posts in this topic

screwy.gifAnd one could buy a proof 1995 W ASE for that price. screwy.gif Which is just as crazy with a mintage of 30K. And, there are literally thousands of these "error" available due to the life average of a die.

I would have thought that people would have lost interest already. Heard much of the "Speared Bison" lately? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Think of some of the great classic proofs that could be bought for less than this!

Well Victor,I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if you were the seller. poke2.gif

I agree that it's ridiculous,but what's even more so is that Eagle Eye sold the only MS-68 set for a whopping $10,000! 893whatthe.gif

Well Victor,I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if you were the seller. poke2.gif

Well, duh, of course not. Especially if you were the buyer. wink.gif

Well, duh, of course not. Especially if you were the buyer. wink.gif

Only if I could turn it for at least 10% insane.gif

screwy.gifAnd one could buy a proof 1995 W ASE for that price. screwy.gif Which is just as crazy with a mintage of 30K. And, there are literally thousands of these "error" available due to the life average of a die.

Not only could you buy an 11 year old bullion proof like you mentioned, you could buy a 1926-S Saint in MS-62, with an extant population of maybe 1,000 or so coins, with much greater historical significance and intrinsic value (i.e. would would you rather have, nearly an ounce of gold or nearly a 1/4 ounce of copper and nickel?). But, if that's what people want, let them spend away! As for me, I'll take the Saint.

link 893whatthe.gif

I'm rather suprised errorist isn't the high bidder on this one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

wink.gif

I would never bid on a coin with such a high mintage. They are all over ebay unlike my PMM.

Yes,but you have been know to overpay severly for certain varieties and errors,so one would naturally expect... insane.gif