• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what numismatic mags/rags do you subscribe to?

20 posts in this topic

Coin World and COINage. I'm also a member of the ANA, so I get the Numismatist. All good and diverse overall.

Almost forgot! - The Portico (Journal of the Jefferson Full Step Nickel Club) and Greysheet (for what it's worth).

Hoot

CoinWorld and various Greysheet issues. I wouldn't subcribe to the Numismatist, but it comes to my house. I still can't remember saying "yes" to being an ANA member when I signed up for the Collectors Society. I know I must have though.

I don't subscribe, I have found the material is too repetitive. How much do I really want to know about the State Quarters program 893frustrated.gif

I buy CoinWorld or Numismatic News whenever I'm at Barnes & Noble to scope out the chicks. cloud9.gif

I've been meaning to ask this... What do you think of Numismatic News? Why are retail prices so often stated from Trends (from CoinWorld) and not Coin Market (from NN)?

coinage, coinworld, the numismatist, and e-sylum which is not a hard copy, but thought i'd ad it anyway.

oh!! and calcoin news! which i have yet to get a copy of from CSNA!

mike

--------------------------

dont forget! collect proof sets!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Warning 893offtopic1.gif!!!( I've been wanting to use one of these little men in one of my posts. But I've haven't found a good one to. Until now.)

I buy CoinWorld or Numismatic News whenever I'm at Barnes & Noble to scope out the chicks

So what did you think of the nude centerfold of Diane Hager in last weeks COIN WORLD grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif CHRIS

So what did you think of the nude centerfold of Diane Hager in last weeks COIN WORLD grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif CHRIS

Her 893censored-thumb.gif were as big as silver dollars!

And man is she toned.

I sure would like to slab her.

Extremely Fine!!

Coin World, Numismatic News, World News, Penny-Wise, Gobrecht Journal, John Reich Society Journal, Conder Journal, Numismatist, E-sylum, and Region 8. Plus two other online mail lists

The Region 8 is a weekly electronic newsletter published by the Early American Coppers Club.

As for the on-line mailing lists - since I am also a member I know one of them is WINS - World Internet Numismatic Society. For the other - I'll leave that to Conder.

I got the Numismatist when I was a member of the ANA (thru the NGC Collectors Society). It was great when I needed something to help put me to sleep. Like reading a catalog on funeral plots.

I get Numismatic News (thanks to the NGC Numisa-Quest). I like it. Not too much info, but it is light reading.

I don't care for Coin World. Too many ads and not enough info. The monthly mags aren't really useful.

That's about it. I read some of the online coin sites. A fair amount of into there.

Years ago, the American Numismatic Society(ANS) used to publish a yearly series of fantastic coin history, mostly of world coinage history and events. Since I am no longer a member, I do not know if it is still published. I must admit, for the price of membership, the ANS gave the greatest benefits, including access to their physical coin vault for research. Of course, it's in NYC and I'm in CA so that didn't help.

TRUTH