• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1622 Switzerland (St. Gallen) Taler

12 posts in this topic

My last Long Beach purchase:

A 1622 Switzerland taler from the Canton of St. Gallen. It features a standing bear on the obverse and a crowned imperial eagle on the reverse.

This is a coin that is very difficult to find in: nice condition, well struck, & not looking like [embarrassing lack of self control]. This one is in decent condition and has very nice golden color to it.

dav-4677.jpg

Man, those Cantonese have some weird designs. A circus bear and a two-headed chicken?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Every time I see the two-headed chicken on a coin it saddens me to know that this is one of natures creatures that is extinct forever due to man's hunting and encroachment on their natural habitat. frown.gif

Man, those Cantonese have some weird designs. A circus bear and a two-headed chicken?! confused-smiley-013.gif

Every time I see the two-headed chicken on a coin it saddens me to know that this is one of natures creatures that is extinct forever due to man's hunting and encroachment on their natural habitat. frown.gif

Did you know that 10,000 species are destroyed each year by man's intrusion into nature? We know this because environmental experts estimate within 25 years we will have destroyed a quarter million species (you do the math).

Did you know that 10,000 species are destroyed each year by man's intrusion into nature? We know this because environmental experts estimate within 25 years we will have destroyed a quarter million species (you do the math).

Where do you get your facts? The cartoon channel? 27_laughing.gif

No, the Cartoon Channel is a lot more accurate. I'll look up the alarmist "scientist" who made the claim.

No, the Cartoon Channel is a lot more accurate. I'll look up the alarmist "scientist" who made the claim.

I'll be waiting smirk.gif

Global warming will only make it worse.

Yea, verily. This can be proven by the fact that global warming never occurred before man's intrusive actions began.

I reread the source and saw the claim was 40,000 species per year were being exterminated by human activity. It came from a National Geographic article. I forgot to note the issue. I'll try to remember to do so tonight. I know you're all dying to see proof we're killing poor, helpless animals at such a dizzying pace.

Yea, verily. This can be proven by the fact that global warming never occurred before man's intrusive actions began.

I reread the source and saw the claim was 40,000 species per year were being exterminated by human activity. It came from a National Geographic article. I forgot to note the issue. I'll try to remember to do so tonight. I know you're all dying to see proof we're killing poor, helpless animals at such a dizzying pace.

We should have a stretch goal of 50,000 next year.