• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saint results

4 posts in this topic

Well, my Saints have come home. My first big submission and not too bad.

1. 1911D: Bought raw as an MS-61, sent in as an AU-50 (to make sure it would be slabbed), came back an MS-63.

2. 1924: Bought as a PCGS MS-63 because it looked much better than a 64 right beside it, was hoping for 65, came back MS-63. A wash, and a bit of a disappointment... it happens.

3. 1925: Bought several years back PCI AU-55. I had read on RCC that the PCI grader at the time had basically en-masse graded a bunch of Saints as 55 even though they went better. So on this note I sent it in. It scared the best upgrade going to an MS-62! Of course this is the one that is MINE.

I'd have scans of them if the scanner I have would give me a good pic of a slabbed coin. Unfortunately, it doesn't like slabs or anything that moves 3d detail too far from the plate, so they come out horribly blurry.

As a fellow Saint collector, let me congratulate you on the wonderful results! Isn't it nice to have some pleasant surprises from a grading service?

Bought as a PCGS MS-63 because it looked much better than a 64 right beside it.

Matt,

Great invoice and congratulations. Ah the advantages of sight seen. Sounds like regardless of the holder grade, you have a nice looking coin. wink.gif