• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think ICG might of screwed the pooch with this one

8 posts in this topic

I could be wrong, but this coin just does not look right to me. I've asked some people about it and I'm waiting to hear back. I could be totally wrong, but I have serious doubts about this coin....

web page

8a_12.JPG

ce_12.JPG

a1_12.JPG

Looks like I have a lot to learn. From people who know...."an exceptional coin, ex-CNG". Either that image is just totally awful, or someone tried to change the toning/patina after the CNG sale. You'd think a coin that rare, the seller would provide proper images.

CNG

The CNG picture looks very nice, but this one looks like a piece of chocolate.

CNG "Superb EF" = ICG EF45. screwy.gif ICG needs a grading guide to ancients.

Pretty much all the guys I heard from said the first thing they would do is crack it out of the slab. I'm beginning to think my thoughts on there being a demand for grading/slabbing ancients is also screwed up. That coin in a 2x2 flip with CNG card insert would raise the value of that coin much more than any slab would.