• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This buyer has had enough....

16 posts in this topic

...of sellers withholding feedback till buyers post.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...m=-1&de=off

All was okay with this guy till sometime back he started negging every seller unwilling to leave feedback after receiving payment! I sympathise with him but his reaction is extreme IMO. Hope I do not reopen the old debate..................... smile.gif

While I do not condone his methods of dealing with this issue, I agree with him on his primary point. A buyer should receive positive feedback as soon as they have completed their side of the deal, paying. There is no other contractual obligation on a buyer. When I sell, I always leave feedback the minute I have received settled payment.

For a seller to withhold feedback until he receives feedback from the buyer is coercive and can lead to a buyer reacting negatively if they do not enjoy being subject of the seller's attempt to control their conduct.

I agree with Ed. When I sell I always leave positive feeb back once my money is received. The buyer at that point has done there part. I think it also promotes good faith. However, everyone seems to have there own way about FB. Some use it as a looming threat.

What if (1) a seller leaves positive feedback immediately after receiving payment, (2) buyer then opts to return the item for no good reason, and (3) the item returned is not the item sold (but seller still demands a full refund)? This is just one example of many things that can go wrong after payment but before the deal is done. Feedback should not be left by either buyer or seller until the transaction is complete.

We have rehashed this issue several times, here, and it is clear there will never be a meeting of the minds. What I can't accept is the jerk who places negative feedback just because a buyer has chosen not to leave any. Imagine if a restaurant refused to serve you because you chose not to give them a positive remark. I think eBay should suspend him.

Chris

We have rehashed this issue several times, here, and it is clear there will never be a meeting of the minds. What I can't accept is the jerk who places negative feedback just because a buyer has chosen not to leave any. Imagine if a restaurant refused to serve you because you chose not to give them a positive remark. I think eBay should suspend him.

Chris

I agree,of course knowing eBay it will never happen. As for the feedback issue,it has been discussed more than enough and only brings hard feelings among board members when discussed...So let's not bring it back up wink.gif

Hayden

Chris

I agree,of course knowing eBay it will never happen. As for the feedback issue,it has been discussed more than enough and only brings hard feelings among board members when discussed...So let's not bring it back up wink.gif

Hayden

I don't know now. We haven't had that much fun around here lately 893scratchchin-thumb.gif