• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrrrrrrghhhhhhh! Heritage bullet auctions..............

12 posts in this topic

are just like Teletrade 10 years ago. The software can't keep up with the bidding and number of bids. Couldn't get access for the last 20 minutes. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

TRUTH

I tried from about 10 AM to noon today Central time to put a bid in on a nickel, then gave up for several hours. Ended up paying way too much for it for the date and grade, but ponied up and won the thing in the end.

Seems like I got a few coins cheap because of their slow server smile.gif

But I lost one because I couldn't raise my bids after I was outbid...it was going to be my first slabbed Morgan mad.gif

I think this problem has been pointed out for a while.

I bid with six minutes left and won the lot, I could not bid with Internet Explorer I had to bid thru my AOL browser (36k dial up) and I kept track of the lot bidding by refreshing a couple times and it worked right up to the last minutes.

I tried bidding with 2 minutes left and their server responded with "cannot display requested page". mad.gif By then it was too late. Lost out on a very nice nickel. Should have known better than to wait so long to place the bid. I wrote Heritage a nasty little note. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hoot

Well, I bid early yesterday and had no trouble. In fact, the only trouble I had is that someone managed to get on the Heritage web site close to the end of the auction and top one of my bids! So, if Heritage's server had been even slower toward the end of the auction, I'd be even happier today smile.gif

Mark

Heritage is losing big bucks because of this. How much can a capable server cost??? I am quite sure I saved at least $500 on a coin in the last sale because the underbidder couldn't get his bids in at the end (he only managed to get one raise in). The two coins I got yesterday also went for a lot less than I expected (I bid a couple hours before the close).

Heritage is losing big bucks because of this. How much can a capable server cost???

Several hundred thousand dollars. sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif