• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping date for Franklin Commems has changed!!!

10 posts in this topic

Yeah, mine says that too, even though I ordered after they posted that they had sold out of them. I wouldn't read too much into it, although I'd be pretty happy to receive them in less than 3 weeks!

i ordered on 1/22....so Im remaining hopeful...but to be honest, it wouldnt bother me if I didnt get them. I'm hoping that there will be an immediate increase in price on ebay. I bought 2 each of the uncircs.....I'd like to be able to sell one of each and keep one of each. Hopefully return enough profit from the sale to subsidize cost of the ones Iplan to keep. Unless of course the prices are outrageous, then Ill sell both.

From the evidence, the people running the United States Mint web commerce site are boobs.

One day the ship date is 2-16-2006, next day it's 4-30-2006. Sometimes it's both within the same day. Sometimes they're taking additional orders, other times they aren't. Sometimes the Upcoming Products page actually shows upcoming products, other times (as with the proof 2006 Silver and Gold Eagles) they simply deploy the sales page in stealth mode. Sometimes the web commerce servers can handle the load, other times they screw the pooch.

It's a mess. You'd think any self-respecting Webmaster (or mistress, if you prefer) would either quit or do something to make the resume entry worth having.

To be fair, the proof Silver Eagle ordering experience was markedly superior to the one customers suffered with the Franklins. The order page appeared at 12:01 PM on Wednesday, and the servers allowed me to place an order quite rapidly. The only oddity was that the online shopping cart and order confirmation faiiled to show the product name on the order entry line. The email and online order tracking receipts, however, were correct. To be fair.

yeahok.gif

Beijim

I'm also hearing different people with different types of status reported. Some say order on hold...mine says "backordered" with expected shipping date. I ordered mine on 1/27/06, prior to any word about being sold out or having enough orders for what has been produced.

I'm also hearing different people with different types of status reported. Some say order on hold...mine says "backordered" with expected shipping date. I ordered mine on 1/27/06, prior to any word about being sold out or having enough orders for what has been produced.

I don't even think the Mint really knows what's happening either... smirk.gif