• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For your viewing pleasure!

15 posts in this topic

I thought I would try to liven this place up with a few photos of some coins in my world coin collection. I hope they are enjoyed by all!

John

589a8ae30aee6_161893-19132annas.jpg.7afb197c2576be1bf6d673123d73a225.jpg

NCS is really good at removing corrosion like that from the surfaces of a coin. You should give them a try. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifwink.gif

Really nice. Toned foreign coins can still be found without much of a premium. I'm putting some away whenever I find some. Some day the toning crazy will catch up to foreign coins and I can retire. smile.gif

Hi Greg,

Toned foreign coins can still be found without much of a premium. I'm putting some away whenever I find some.

I have been doing the same for years. As I have said a few times already I like a nice frosty blast white coin as much as a nicely tone one so I find it hard to justify the sometimes huge premiums asked for a nicely toned U.S. coin. On the other hand I have been able to buy wonderfully toned foreign coins at little to no premium. The two Mexican coins I posted are part of an original Mexican mint set that I bought a few years ago for $15. The set was missing the peso. 893frustrated.gif

All the coins were in the original cardboard holder and they all have the same rainbow toning. I would love to have seen that peso! grin.gif

John

Here is a new photo of a coin I really like. It is a nice 1855 half penny from Great Britain. I love the rich chocolate color and sharp details.

175736-gbo.jpg.8add646cde76311c0f19add04f2437d5.jpg

Incredible strike on that coin. I can't help but think of the Alien every time I see that portrait on those pieces. The way her hair is bundled up in the back seems to extend her cranium and I just expect her mouth to open up with copious amounts of thick mucous and then...

Well, you know. 893whatthe.gif

I can't help but think of the Alien every time I see that portrait on those pieces. The way her hair is bundled up in the back seems to extend her cranium and I just expect her mouth to open up with copious amounts of thick mucous and then...

Well, you know.

Tom....

I don't know if I will ever be able to look at that coin in the same way again. 893whatthe.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

John

Great coins all-in-all John! I love world stuff, though I understand very little of it. I especially like some of the ancient coins. One day...

I am quite fond of the rich chocolate color some of the older copper can get. Sweet! Looks like wet frosting (with aliens popping out of it, etc. blush.gif)

Hoot

Hi Hoot,

Thanks for the comments! I really like world coins, there are some with very interesting designs and you can find excellent examples of most word coins for a fraction of what a U.S. coin with a similar mintage or eye appeal would cost. 893applaud-thumb.gif

John