• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special thanks to you registry folks that post photos.

9 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate those of you who post pics of your coins. I have entertained myself for several evenings looking through the images warehoused in the registry. While I'm at it I'd also like to add, those of you who have chosen to focus on beauty in lieu of grade deserve special kudos. Although high grades are obviously a prized goal, beautiful coins are real treat regardless of grade. I love looking at them, and it's fun to associate the pics with the personas.

Yeah, I did. It's a very cool, eclectic bunch. The 80-S seems to be marked as an O. lol I loved the 83-O. Killer coin.

While I'm at it I'd also like to add, those of you who have chosen to focus on beauty in lieu of grade deserve special kudos. Although high grades are obviously a prized goal, beautiful coins are real treat regardless of grade.

I know how you feel Don. A grade means little to me without seeing the coin to go with it. Some of the ugliest coins I have ever seen were in holders with high grades.

If I had a choice between two examples of the same coin, one the highest graded but ugly and the other graded a couple of points lower but beautiful, I would take the beautiful lower grade coin every time. To me eye appeal is #1 with grade being #2 when I buy a coin. I try to buy the highest grade coins I can, but I will not buy a coin on grade alone, it must have a level of eye appeal equal to its grade.

John

Your Welcome!

THat reminds me, I have a half dozen or so picts to add of new coins. I have been really slacking on the descriptions though, perhaps the summer will give me time to catch up.

Hey thank you for the good words DonHeath! smile.gif I wish the 83-O had more textile pattern. It would be a great combo then.

All those pictures are straight of a cheap HP4200c scanner. No trick photography or image editing software to make them look more real or better.

Got 5 more hole fillers coming next week.

I agree with you, Don, that Registry sets with photos/images of attractive coins really make the experience of going through the Registry much richer. The coins in my set are chosen for eye appeal and the lesser eye appeal coins that might be in higher graded holders are not listed and generally not even bought.

Dog, if it weren't so late I would look through each of your images right now. Since it is late, however, you've just given me something to do tomorrow. Thanks! laugh.gif

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate those of you who post pics of your coins. I have entertained myself for several evenings looking through the images warehoused in the registry. While I'm at it I'd also like to add, those of you who have chosen to focus on beauty in lieu of grade deserve special kudos. Although high grades are obviously a prized goal, beautiful coins are real treat regardless of grade. I love looking at them, and it's fun to associate the pics with the personas.

My Peace $ set is in 7th place currently, but it has almost twice the number of views as any other set confused.gif ; the only reason I have for this is it's the highest rated set with photos. It's a lot of work to get a photo that accurately reflects the true image of the coin, but it's nice to be able to admire a coin from anywhere I can get an internet connection.

I worked on my set all weekend taking pictures and then resizing to fit on the registry set. I have about 15-20 listed so far. I plan on having them all soon, its just so time consuming. It is however a labor of love.