• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New member checking in

19 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have been looking for a forum that had a good deal of members / traffic and it appears I have found one here. I tried registering at the collectors universe site but the login never worked and the admins never returned my emails, so I gave up and found a new place to discuss collecting.

I am looking forward to reading and learning from the folks here.

I primarily collect US silver, some gold, and whatever world coins I come by in my travels. Lately I have been into wheat pennies...can explain why, just decided I want a lot more grin.gif

Is there a thread that runs with info on upcoming shows?

I would like to see about any shows in my area. (Philly, PA / metro region)

~macro~

Welcome to the Boards Macro! Sounds like you have some similar collecting interests to many on this board, so I am sure you'll fit in fine. As for upcoming events, there is a thread on upcoming events and shows in the coin section, you might also want to check out Coin World's website, as they list shows by state in the free portion of their website.

Hi,

Welcome to the board! I think you found the right place to discuss all types of coins, learn a thing or two from time to time, and spent some time with new found friends.

John

Welcome aboard, m-c! Many prefer the NGC boards far more that PCGS's, called the other side of the street. This is a much more friendly and non-judgemental group and is much easier keeping up with the threads since there isn't such merciless quantity. I've been registered on that side for 2-3 yrs and only have maybe 6 posts. That shows ya where my preferences lie. Anyway, don't be bashful sharing your coins (with photos!) or asking any questions.

Howdy and welcome. You may want to try the Coin Shows site to look for a listing of shows. As has been mentioned, the NGC site is much slower than the PCGS site, but both have terrific information and many of the same members. You may want to go to the GSNA show in May if you are in the Philadelphia area.

Welcome to the forums Macro! hi.gif

Like the others have said, this is a great forum with a lot of good folks. thumbsup2.gif

Where have you traveled and what coins do you have from these trips? Sounds like you could have some great stories to share. Hope to see you around and hear some more about you’re coin collecting.

Welcome to the forums Macro! hi.gif

Like the others have said, this is a great forum with a lot of good folks. thumbsup2.gif

Where have you traveled and what coins do you have from these trips? Sounds like you could have some great stories to share. Hope to see you around and hear some more about you’re coin collecting.

I have done some traveling through Europe, so I have some generic pounds, francs, marks, crown, etc. Have had friends bring back souveniers from thier trips, so I have some currency from Israel, Iraq, Phillipenes, Indonesia, China, and a whole host of other countries. Obviously I come across a ton of Canadien and Mexican coins as I am sure most of the rest of us do as well. None of the world coins are worth anything (especially since they arent for sale), just a bunch of circulated conversation pieces. I probably brought back more euro than I should have, but I can always take it back on the next excursion!

Welcome macro! Now, please stay away from all copper coinage (save Lincoln cents, which you're already collecting). hi.gif Come to think of it, please stop collecting entirely, 'cause I can't take the competition. poke2.gif

Hoot

Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood, mac ! You may agree with what some say, here, and nobody will hold it against you. You may disagree with what some say, here, and you might be applauded. It doesn't make any difference. We are all collectors, here........except for Tubby.......and we look forward to sharing information.

Lou, which boat is yours? confused.gif

Why worry about competition, Mark! Don't you just love it when you win? thumbsup2.gif

Victor, why don't you send me some new jokes and one-liners instead of reruns? confused-smiley-013.gif

Chris