• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Additional Sets and New Category

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Per request, the two-cent series now has three Registry options:

Currency strikes only

Proofs only

Currency and proof strikes combined

Also, there is a new collecting category: Year Sets

The plan is ultimately to make year sets available for both MS and PF collecting from 1892 onward, many people commencing their collecting of such sets with the Barber silver series. Whether these sets continue to the present year depends on feedback from the users.

We realize there are mixed feelings about year sets, some users believing that this is breaking down the Registry into too many units. Still, there have been a number of requests for year sets, and we're starting out with the SMS coinage of 1965-67. If you have a particular year of interest, please post a response to this message.

Also, there is a new collecting category: Year Sets

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

The plan is ultimately to make year sets available for both MS and PF collecting from 1892 onward, many people commencing their collecting of such sets with the Barber silver series. Whether these sets continue to the present year depends on feedback from the users.

Don't do it. Who collects year sets? The SMS sets are one thing, but year sets from 1892-present???

Also, is it possible to get some sets listed under two categories? (i.e. Silver Eagles under bullion and dollars, the 50-piece commem set unter type and commem)? I think it would help some people find these sets a little easier.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Also, is it possible to get some sets listed under two categories? (i.e. Silver Eagles under bullion and dollars, the 50-piece commem set unter type and commem)? I think it would help some people find these sets a little easier.

There is a programming difference between date/mint sets and type sets that prevents mixing the two, so they can be listed under only one heading.

Hey yeah that's a great idea DWLange! An 1897 set would be nice, both in MS & Proof since I specialize in 1897 Proofs & biz strikes. I have the Modern 1997 stuff wrapped up across the street but in my 1897 stuff I buy the coin rather than the holder and can't do much over there with my NGC material. :p

I would like to see Dog's 1897 set listed. I have an original 1907 proof set I'd like to list. Also a 1956 proof set. My '56 quarter and dime are in NGC holders, I do have this set listed at PCGS but am using fillers for the dime and quarter.