• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this thread from accross the street.

16 posts in this topic

Looks like a full-blown case of shill-bidding to me. Somebody even retracted a bid of $2000, which I assume was placed to ferret out the then-current high bid.

Disgusting.

With all due apologies to any registry or Sacagawea collectors out there, I think it's just plain crazy to pay that much for a coin like this. You could probably buy FOUR mint-state Capped bust halves for the same money, a 5x .50 = 2 Sacagawea dollars! screwy.gif

James

Looks like a full-blown case of shill-bidding to me. Somebody even retracted a bid of $2000, which I assume was placed to ferret out the then-current high bid.

Damn, that's insane money. I sold some of these for under $20. Of course, the label on mine correctly said SMS and wasn't missing it like this one is. Those reverse rim marks sure look a lot like the sealing machine marks that plagued the SMS Sacagaweas this year. Looks lik PCGSblew this designation.

With all due apologies to any registry or Sacagawea collectors out there, I think it's just plain crazy to pay that much for a coin like this.

Anyone want to bet how long it takes Cladking to show up? smile.gif

I just bought an 1820, MS62, Capped Bust Dime for much less than $2000. Nothing against modern coins, but when is a 2005 Sac worth more than a 185 year old dime?

I just bought an 1820, MS62, Capped Bust Dime for much less than $2000. Nothing against modern coins, but when is a 2005 Sac worth more than a 185 year old dime?

I guess when someone wants to have a number one registry set.

Didn't we have this discussion about the 2005 Cent? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

$2000 for a Sac makes about as much sense as that dolt who paid $50,000 or more for some FBL Franklin. But, hey, if PCGS says it's poop-top then I guess it is. yeahok.gif

But then again does anyone REALLY believe the "private ID" buyer is real? 27_laughing.gif

jom

Yes! The level of stupidity in the Registry is massive.

Is this a Registry thing? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Interesting. Isn't that more of chasing the highest grade as opposed to running up a price? The former is rather idiotic but the latter seems more like fraud.

jom

what would this coin sell for if it was broken out of its plastic holder and resold on sleezebay?????

a range please???

$1000 to $1500???????????? or????

$2-$6. And no, I did not accidentally leave off the zeros.

what would this coin sell for if it was broken out of its plastic holder and resold on sleezebay?????

a range please???

$1000 to $1500???????????? or????

$2-$6. And no, I did not accidentally leave off the zeros.

Even the satin finish coin should sell for more than this.

I've not looked at a lot of these but MS-68 is a pretty rare grade for mint set coins and it's difficult to believe that this has changed in a single year.

Even the satin finish coin should sell for more than this.

Nope. I sold rolls of these on eBay for $2-$3 each.

I've not looked at a lot of these but MS-68 is a pretty rare grade for mint set coins and it's difficult to believe that this has changed in a single year.

Not for these SMS coins. This coin being discussed appears to be an SMS coin. It's a $20 coin max. The extra $1900+ is due to the fact PCGS screwed up the insert.