• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desingation Review and Exisiting Invoice Numbers

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys - Quick question.

I just submitted 6 coins for desingation review. If they get redesingated , in this case Cameo from non cameo, are the existing numbers canned in lieu of the new invoice number OR is the existing invoice number reused on the coin but your database updated to the new desingation.

Mike

confused-smiley-013.gif

Excellent - What I wanted to hear.

Thanks JAY and enjoy my 27 plus coins that I sent yous guys. Should be arriving today

Mike

Just to switch gears a little. If I send a coin in for designation review, how does NGC know what designation I am looking for on that particular coin? I see nowhere on the invoice to write that in. Specifically, its a coin that's a prime candidate (IMO) for a star designation.

People usually write what they are looking for on the invoice. The person who receves the coins then makes a traveler which goes along with the coin in the box that says what the person is looking for. When the grader gets the box it is labeled for what service they are requesting. Inside the box there is a traveler saying “Looking for Full Bands” or “Looking for Star”. The coin is reviewed for what is requested.

If you are looking for a Star designation then please write on the invoice that you are looking for that.

Thank you

Jay Turner

NGC Grader and Attributor

I put a note in with each of the invoices OR on the invoice what was needed.

THE ONLINE invoice form does needs work. There is no way to add capsule removal charge either. I just added a note for it and put a check in for that fee. The other fees were charge to my CC. Might want to pass this on to see if the form can be modified.

Thanks again

Mke

• Administrator

jgrinz: You can put a note either beside each line item (on the invoice), at the bottom of the invoice, or to an attached letter. Graders do not see your submission invoices -- they do not know whose coins they are grading -- so all notes are transferred onto a standardized form for the graders. If your notes are neat and detailed, your submission will be handled properly.

Thanks for your suggestion about the online order form. We'll include this when it's next modified.

RWW: Graders know which designations are applicable to each coin, so if you have sent in a designation review without a note, the coin will still be examined for appropriate designations. It is not necessary to include a note, but many prefer to do so.