• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh My God - I just paid someone salary at NGC ( blargh )

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys well when I go I go all the way

I just sent into NGC

14 - Crossovers - Morgans

7 - Desigation reviews - Cameo's

5 - Moderns -

1 - Express

= I am now broke smile.gif

Mike

893whatthe.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gifjuggle.gif

Thank you Hoot - If you do a history of my posts you will have a good idea on what is going out. Its a little nerving to say the least letting some of these out of my hands but its a needed thing to sure up my investment/collection/hobby

to a more unform managable managerie - 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmph - isnt that a oxymoron ...sometimes I just feel like a insufficiently_thoughtful_person but thats onto a different subject

Have a good holiday

makepoint.gif

...sometimes I just feel like a insufficiently_thoughtful_person but thats onto a different subject

I thought that was your natural demeanor? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just kidding! stooges.gif

Good luck on your submissions,be sure to let us know the results...

Hayden

14 - Crossovers - Morgans

7 - Desigation reviews - Cameo's

5 - Moderns -

1 - Express

Is that all? Go pawn your TV Mark Salzburg needs a new pair of shoes poke2.gif You have yet to donate enough to the church of NGC poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

stooges.gif

Make sure to send pics when they come back yay.gif

Its only my second submission and I already had a little spat with NGC - Whats yous guys opinion.

I ended up sending in my AMERICAN EAGLE ANNIVERSARY set. I had asked if they would be able to assess a grade BEFORE breaking open the capsules.Only open the capsules if 69DCAM or above.

My Point is they should be able to do similar to a crossover where the assume a grade BEFORE opening the slab ig they felt they could match or beat the grade.

I FELT as though it would be easier to see and assess these coins in thier original CAPSULES as they have NO wear and scratches and you can even see the edge of the coin to assess the reeding.

There answer was NO - We take them out and what they are they are.

Your points and views ?

Mike

confused-smiley-013.gif

Its only my second submission and I already had a little spat with NGC - Whats yous guys opinion.

I ended up sending in my AMERICAN EAGLE ANNIVERSARY set. I had asked if they would be able to assess a grade BEFORE breaking open the capsules.Only open the capsules if 69DCAM or above.

My Point is they should be able to do similar to a crossover where the assume a grade BEFORE opening the slab ig they felt they could match or beat the grade.

I FELT as though it would be easier to see and assess these coins in thier original CAPSULES as they have NO wear and scratches and you can even see the edge of the coin to assess the reeding.

There answer was NO - We take them out and what they are they are.

Your points and views ?

Mike

confused-smiley-013.gif

Seems like an OK answer to me.

As for breaking open the capsules, the mint doesn't seal them. They are just closed. No breaking involved.

You can remove the coins from the capsules and place them in flips. Put a minimum grade of PF69 on the submission form and if they don't meet that grade, they are sent back to you raw and you put them back in the capsules. No harm, just a little extra work for you.

hhaaa wonderful - Too late now - I thought they were secured (glued)

figures - Well I paid the 5 bux and maybe they will think thats a bribe and make all 5 coins in that set PF70's hahahehehh

Using My Macro lenses from my camera I could not see a flaw in these coins. Time will tell

Now whilst I wait for all these goodies to come back maybe I will post more pictures on my registry page 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Any guesses on how long the EXPRESSED coin is gonna take to return to awaiting hands ???? Its a 1902 MS60 in a ANACS holder for a crossover. It looked better to me. How is NGC when grading older Gold any one have experience ... confused-smiley-013.gif

You guys all know about our posted turn around times page, right?

Arch, most do! In reference to the subject of this thread..............isn't that the janitor's salary? smile.gif

Chris devil.gif

Sometines the grading co. needs to see the edge before crossing over. Since that can't be done unless it's cracked out....kind of a catch there sometimes.

Jerry