• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo people. Opinions on the 36d 3.5 legger

5 posts in this topic

I've wanted one of these for QUITE some time and I mean quite some time. The more I think about it the less I am beginning to want one (esp. at some of the recent prices!).

Anyone know the slabbed pops on these at any service??

Anyone ever see one for sale??

I recently passed on a PCGS F15 @750.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUCH

I like the 1937-D 3-legged 5¢ because of the history. Anacond had a rainbow toned one a while ago that was stunning. Anyway, the other date 3&1/2 or 3-legged varieties just don't do anything for me. It's a minor error. Many of the Buffalo nickels can be found with missing (polished off) features.

For $750 you could have a choice AU 1937-D 3-legged.

NGC has not graded any of these. PCGS doesn't list the pops for these coins. ANACS has probably graded a few, but I can't find my ANACS pop report anywhere and it is old anyway.

Greg I am pretty sure that I have seen at least one NGC coin slabbed as such.

I've only run across 2 or 3 PCGS ones and a handful of ANACS with about half of them being problem coins.

I am beginning to think like you that it is a very minor error that certainly doesn't have the respect or command of THE 3 legger!

Greg I am pretty sure that I have seen at least one NGC coin slabbed as such.

OK, my mistake. I looked at the online pop report and it lists a few varieties of the 1936-D. Then it lists the 1936-S. Then the 1936-D 3&1/2-legged after it. I assumed all the 1936-D's would be next to each other.

NGC has graded 16 of these. All but 1 (AU55) are XF40 or below.