• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY jtryka!!!

21 posts in this topic

I see NGC has already given you a cake,so the least we can do is post a few pictures of the beloved St. Gaudens double eagle. Sadly,I don't own one so I had to steal these pictures of an outstanding High Relief from saintguru across the street:

1907high.jpg

Boy is she pretty! cloud9.gif

Hope you have a great day Jeff!

Hayden

Thanks! I assume that beauty will be coming by registered mail right? hi.gif

Actually, that is a stunning example of Saint-Gaudens' dream realized. Of course since it's my birthday, I would much rather have that extra thick pattern (diameter of an eagle with twice the thickness) that's in the Smithsonian...I'd even let you combine my birthday and Christmas presents if you got me that one! cloud9.gif

Happy B'day Jeff! Did you buy a Saint from your birth year in celebration?

Wow...that's old dude...Jeff. But that is most certainly better than the first year Barber Quarter Hoot got for his birth year. 893whatthe.gif

Happy Birthday!

jom

Happy Birthday, Jeff. Don't let them razz you, you are still younger than I am!

Charlie, didn't you once get a flowing hair dollar in change when you were a kid? Or was that a Pine Tree Shilling back when you were out huntin' witches?

hi.gif

insane.gif

Hoot

Happy Birthday, Jeff. Don't let them razz you, you are still younger than I am!

Charlie, didn't you once get a flowing hair dollar in change when you were a kid? Or was that a Pine Tree Shilling back when you were out huntin' witches?

hi.gif

insane.gif

Hoot

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Happy Birthday Jeff!!!

Hoot: No, the only Witches I know are my ex-wives! Would love to get a Flowing Hair Dollar in change though.

Wives!? More that ONE!? I suppose after they took you to the cleaners you are now relegated to only collecting circ Lincoln Memorials in Whitman folders. 893whatthe.gif

jom

Happy B'day Jeff! Did you buy a Saint from your birth year in celebration? blush.gif

wink.gif

Hoot

Unfortunately, the only precious metal coins struck in my birth year were 40% silver halves! But you raise an interesting idea, I don't think it would take too much effort to convert a lower grade/jewelry 1909-S Saint to a 1969-S...Hmm...

Happy B'day Jeff! Did you buy a Saint from your birth year in celebration? blush.gif

wink.gif

Hoot

Unfortunately, the only precious metal coins struck in my birth year were 40% silver halves! But you raise an interesting idea, I don't think it would take too much effort to convert a lower grade/jewelry 1909-S Saint to a 1969-S...Hmm...

That'd be fabulous! Have it done and show us the end result!

Hoot

wink.gif

Hoot

That'd be fabulous! Have it done and show us the end result!

Hoot

I concure,wonder how much it would be worth on eBay? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I doubt it would be worth much on eBay, though I once saw a 1919 Saint for sale on eBay, though I e-mailed the seller and informed them that none were minted in 1919 and the coin was an obvious fake. At least they pulled the listing.

This will likely be a longer term project, the longest step being finding the 1909-S Saint that I wouldn't mind altering (this will be harder than you might think!). I know the 09 and 09-D are too expensive to contemplate, but if I can find a nice circulated coin for near melt, I'm sure I can find a jeweler that would make the change for me!

I doubt it would be worth much on eBay, though I once saw a 1919 Saint for sale on eBay, though I e-mailed the seller and informed them that none were minted in 1919 and the coin was an obvious fake. At least they pulled the listing.

This will likely be a longer term project, the longest step being finding the 1909-S Saint that I wouldn't mind altering (this will be harder than you might think!). I know the 09 and 09-D are too expensive to contemplate, but if I can find a nice circulated coin for near melt, I'm sure I can find a jeweler that would make the change for me!

As a genuine but altered Saint,I think it would be worth something as curiosity piece.Eh,Beavis? poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif