• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to NGC world coin graders.

5 posts in this topic

That's a pretty good turnaround time.

FYI, they are the same graders as the US coin graders.

Now, tell us, what did you have graded?

That's a pretty good turnaround time.

FYI, they are the same graders as the US coin graders.

Now, tell us, what did you have graded?

Are you sure? I was told Ken Krah was exclusively a world coin grader. When Alex Molinos was grading, he did both US and World.

I submitted an 1918 large and small 50C, MS64 and MS65, a 1919 Peso MS62 and a couple of better date Caballitos MS64. thumbsup2.gif The small 1918 50C is extremely rare in high grade and worth $$$$. Throw the cat value away on that one.

TRUTH

Are you sure? I was told Ken Krah was exclusively a world coin grader. When Alex Molinos was grading, he did both US and World.

I've been told that the people who grade US coins also grade the foreign. Same at the other services. However, I've also been told that no foreign coin leaves NGC without Ken first seeing it. I've always assumed that to mean that the same graders who grade US also grade foreign, but just that Ken needs to look at the foreign before it is finalized.

I submitted an 1918 large and small 50C, MS64 and MS65, a 1919 Peso MS62 and a couple of better date Caballitos MS64. thumbsup2.gif The small 1918 50C is extremely rare in high grade and worth $$$$. Throw the cat value away on that one.

I like. Can I have it? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif