• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Currency Question

9 posts in this topic

I remember seeing a US note (I think) that had Ben Franlin in profile instead of the normal view, does anyone know the specifics of the not I am talking about?

Note is a $100 1914 red seal federal reserve note, large size. Frieberg1072-1131. Signatures of Burke and McAdoo. Franklin facing right. Very much in demand in all grades.

TRUTH

Thanks Truth, that was exactly the note I was thinking of. There's one on eBay now for $400 or so. Kinda cool if you ask me.

Truth got close! Fr. 1072 - 1083 were the 1914 Federal Reserve $100.00 Red Seals. Fr. 1084 - 1131 were 1914 Fed. Res. Blue seals. The "GreenSheet" lists the Red seal bid in Fine at $1000.00. The Blue is $330.00 in Fine.

The one I saw was Blue, for about $400, so that sounds about right. Were there ever any small size notes with that profile picture?

If you were watching the Coin Vault guy, you would have learned about this wink.gif. He was flogging one the other night. Don't remember the condition or price (undoubtedly ridiculous), but he did sell out, as I recall.

Beijim