• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's The Beef? What a sad state of affairs is this forum.

17 posts in this topic

I also check these forums to help answer questions that I am somewhat familiar with. If someone asks it, we might be able to help. Until someone asks, however, we can't help.

OK, what coins do you absolutely suck at identifying?

All foreign coins. I don't collect them. But when the US Coin Forum slows down, I make a post to it instead of complaining.

Get Japanese Coinage by Jacobs and Vermule and that will help not only with identifying many Asian coins, but, it will also give you valuable information on how many of these pieces were originally made. The book is out of print so you may have to get it from someone like Charlie Davis.

The worst coins for me to identify is Thailand and several Southeast asian countries such as Malaysia. UGH. I have learn to read again and with different characters for numbers. I'm glad I know a few dealers who like these coins.

TRUTH

Tbirde, I like your ID challenges! Are they open to those of us who already have heard the answers somewhere else?!