• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gang war this Friday? I hear NGC and PCGS are going to go at it.

46 posts in this topic

Is it true? The fight is supposed to happen on neutral territory, so they are using the SEGS parking lot, 12 midnight. Chains, rocks, sharpened slabs are the weapons of choice. I hear DH will have his old leather jacket on, while MarkS will come in a double breasted twill suit. Dena is supposedly to be wearing all black leather outfit and Carol is supposedly to have a Channel chiffon dress with convertable skirt. David Lange is supposed to have a simple Cardigen Kevlar vest. Any truth to the rumor?

TRUTH

Ooh can I come and be an "honorary NGC employee" for the day? I'll bring my metal baseball bat. wink.gif

Chains, rocks, sharpened slabs are the weapons of choice. I hear DH will have his old leather jacket on

The NGC people have nothing to fear. DH will be unarmed. He left his knife in my back.

MarkS will come in a double breasted twill suit

Twill? Those east coasters sure don't know much about fashion. smirk.gif

Dena is supposedly to be wearing all black leather outfit

I think that would be perfect "coin show attire" for the next Long Beach. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I'm sure sometime within this epic battle between NGC and PCGS another battle will emerge. Get coin collectors together and sooner or later a Classic Collector is going to call a Modern Collectors coins pocket change. At that point the [!@#%^&^] just hits the fan. smile.gif

Main battle.......Can I be the Ref.....Pleease.

Ken

"Dena is supposedly to be wearing all black leather outfit

I think that would be perfect "coin show attire" for the next Long Beach."

-----------------------

Just one small request: The above is suggested for females only. . .

"Dena is supposedly to be wearing all black leather outfit

I think that would be perfect "coin show attire" for the next Long Beach."

-----------------------

Just one small request: The above is suggested for females only. . .

Umm, I was thinking along the lines of Dena wearing it to the show, not the customers, and sure as hell not the graders (shudder). It might help coin submissions. After all, who would you rather submit your coins to, a leather clad Dena or that old bald guy that works the PCGS table that takes 10 minues to match two coins to the submission form?

Let's just hope that Accugrade doesn't run with this idea. I'd hate to see Diane Hager in leather... shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I wouldn't want to submit to a company where they use sex (women in leather) as a tool to get more submissions.

Let me guess, you don't buy many products. You probably make everything your self like the Amish.

You are aware that most every company uses sex to sell their product. Even wonder why your loved DHRC and Kingswood always has nice looking girls working the tables while most others have 60 years old men?

They are an equal opportunity employer?

Yeah, equal opportunity is you've got a nice pair of tits.

Why have I never seen an old ugly man workingtheir table? They've got to have some at the company.

Sure they know their coins.

"Uum, I'd like to see the St. Gaudens"

"Ah, OK, which one is that"

"The only one in the case... the big round gold colored coin"

"Oh, OK, thanks!"

Ask gereg. Iam mean and evil like him at shows

Stealing slabs from Gereg doesn't count. And neither does trash-talking slabs from NGC to get a better price on the coin you want.