• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What gives with the disappearing stars?

16 posts in this topic

Every time I look under my Icon name, a star is added, then disappears, then added again. I've gone from 3 stars to 1 star, now to 2 stars, then 3 stars. Now I am at 2 stars.??????????

TRUTH

Truth, you must be a crackout candidate. Probably a 2.8 on the NGC grading scale. I'd say 2 out of 5 "submissions", you'll come back in a 3 star slab. You just have to figure out who's cracking you out and resubmitting you. smile.gif

Myself, I've been stuck on two stars long enough to know my place here. smile.gif

A star is born, wait a minute, maybe not, er....there it is...ok, maybe not. smile.gif

Individuals reading your comments can rate you from one to five stars, with five stars the best. They are continually averaged and thus fluctuate as others evaluate your comments. One person can only rate you one time only.

You are being rated probably by non coin people, I don't know why they even have this rating system since it is not based on anything other then a person opinion at the time. A while back someone was bombed by the comic book guys and put him down to one star.

I'm sure lots of coin people got hit this weekend. We had a bunch of comic kids jump into this forum trying to act cool, but they flamed out. I guess the best they could do is rate people 1 star. For the most part, people on these forums are 2 star. I don't think I've seen anyone (other than an NGC employee) with 4 stars and more than a handful of ratings (hold your cursor over the stars to see how many people have rated you). Same with a 1 star. There are a few 3 start people, but they don't last long.

I also noticed that my star rating fell this weekend and then I read on one of the comic threads that someone claimed to have gone through the coin boards giving everyone a one star rating. So, if enough people did this I can imagine that the star values of many of us would have dropped recently.

Are these stars the same as a NGC* coin???? There needs to be a way to keep the comic wienies off of the coin boards!! They are worse than the parasite...